Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New to me 2009 Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 11:51 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Clearly an individual of impeccable taste

Old 03-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Great Vantage, Your Car is also a unusual color combination much like mine. We also have the same split spoke rims. Does your car have the sport suspension? Nice choice on the transmission as well it's the best way to go.
Ron

Old 03-04-2016, 04:59 PM
silver997 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Great Vantage, Your Car is also a unusual color combination much like mine. We also have the same split spoke rims. Does your car have the sport suspension? Nice choice on the transmission as well it's the best way to go.
Ron

Yes my car has the sport suspension. In general it's really well optioned. The roads were I live are really terrible. Freeze thaw cycles. Part of the reason I bought a Vantage is how it rides. Yea, it's a GT car, ride is firm but not harsh. Frankly I find the ride plush compared to my last car. A Porsche 997 lowered on coilovers. That got to the point I hated it, and I put really soft springs on the coilovers. I wish I lived where the roads where better. I love the suspension set up and no stupid electronically adjustable shock crap to deal with. The stock suspension tuning on this car is amazing. I think I am finished with hardcore sports car. Mind you some Porsche guy's think the 997 is a GT car?

Old 03-09-2016, 07:53 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by silver997
I clayed the car and used my Porter Cable 7424, 4" microfiber cutting pad, and some Meguiar's 105 and 205 polishing compounds. There where factory sanding marks and swirls everywhere. It wasn't easy but I got the paint back to where it should be...
Someone who knows what he's doing. That's rare! Paintwork looks good now but didn't realise paint could be that soft.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Ron
I took the front wheels off of the car and was surprised by how light they are. Compared to the OEM 18"ers on my Infiniti, they are noticeably lighter. Are the split spokes forged?

Old 03-09-2016, 08:05 PM
impulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by blue2000s
I took the front wheels off of the car and was surprised by how light they are. Compared to the OEM 18"ers on my Infiniti, they are noticeably lighter. Are the split spokes forged?

Yes they are.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by blue2000s

The wheels have a finely machined face with clear coat too. It seems there are a lot of shops in the UK that refinish these kinda wheels. Around here, not so much. One of the wheels had very light curbing. Fortunately, there is a good local wheel shop that fixed it to like new condition. I didn't know anything about "Diamond turned" wheels. Thought I was gonna have to ship it to the UK to fix it!

Old 03-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by kensilver
Someone who knows what he's doing. That's rare! Paintwork looks good now but didn't realise paint could be that soft.

Soft paint? I think it depends on the color.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1539483

Old 03-10-2016, 06:29 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Very nice.
Not enough two tone interiors out there. When done right (like yours), they just scream Aston Marin!

Old 03-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Here is my two tone interior. It is one of the reasons I bought this Vantage.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	825.4 KB
ID:	442358