Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

These pictures made me like the DB11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 08:22 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Thumbs up These pictures made me like the DB11

The paint color + body-colored pillars changed the look.
How about you? What do you think?

Name:  IMG_0810_zpsa0akq2s6.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  155.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0811_zps6fkhxn6d.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  115.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0813_zpshuylb5gf.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  127.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0812_zpsnx2yo3qf.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  108.4 KB

Old 03-04-2016, 08:33 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I do like the color but the rear hips remind me of a Porsche Cayman.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:38 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Much better with the body color roof and great color for the car!

The interior still needs time to grow on me, but the color scheme in these pics look nice.

I'm also confused by the use of ZF 8 speed auto transmission. Why not dual clutch?

Old 03-04-2016, 10:06 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
There is still a strong rumor that they may release a manual gearbox option after the first 1000 cars are built.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:56 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by karlfranz
There is still a strong rumor that they may release a manual gearbox option after the first 1000 cars are built.
And how much do you want to bet that it will be the "DBS" version?

Old 03-05-2016, 09:01 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Much better with the body color roof and great color for the car!

The interior still needs time to grow on me, but the color scheme in these pics look nice.

I'm also confused by the use of ZF 8 speed auto transmission. Why not dual clutch?
Having not been a fan of automatic transmissions in general, I have only had limited experience with dual clutch cars but I have driven two cars with them. The 2015 VW and an '11 911 C4S, which are supposed to be the best examples of the technology. I have to say that if I wanted an automatic I'd rather have a regular torque converter transmission. At low loads and especially on decel, the dual clutch are jerky and generally unpleasant. At full tilt, they are fantastic, but torque converter autos are so good today that they can shift nearly as fast and can have immediate response to a flip of the paddle but also provide a smooth experience for the 99.9% of the time that you don't care for a super fast shift. IMO, Aston has this right.

Having said all that, long live the manual transmission!

Old 03-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
+1^ Well put. Everyone always looks at the spec's for performance and such when 99% of the time we're just going down the road. Albeit in style

Old 03-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Old 03-05-2016, 10:20 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Having not been a fan of automatic transmissions in general, I have only had limited experience with dual clutch cars but I have driven two cars with them. The 2015 VW and an '11 911 C4S, which are supposed to be the best examples of the technology. I have to say that if I wanted an automatic I'd rather have a regular torque converter transmission. At low loads and especially on decel, the dual clutch are jerky and generally unpleasant. At full tilt, they are fantastic, but torque converter autos are so good today that they can shift nearly as fast and can have immediate response to a flip of the paddle but also provide a smooth experience for the 99.9% of the time that you don't care for a super fast shift. IMO, Aston has this right.

Having said all that, long live the manual transmission!
I agree with you as I prefer a manual too, which is why I went with an Aston instead of buying a new Porsche.

The issue I have is that while the ZF transmission is stable and nice for leisurely drives, it is still old driving tech being used on a newly released car. The ZF is also capped in how much torque it can handle. From what I read, it is at that limit with this new turbo v12 (hence making ecu modifications to increase hp and torque a little risky).

Since this engine is still made by Aston (and not MB) I assume it was a compatibility issue.

But hey, if they eventually offer it as a manual, I'll no longer have an issue with it. I just remember reading quotes from Andy Palmer stating that all their cars will be offered as manuals and that is not the case with this car... Yet.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:28 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Thanks for the video. The more I look at it the more I do like it. The interior detailing is really good!

Old 03-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
In the YouTube video they mentioned that the car smelled like a proper Aston Martin -- my first three Astons were old ones and they had this very pleasant leather/wood smell that was missing from modern ones... Sounds like they brought back the scent, maybe.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:55 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
It's better buy stil no fan of the rear side, boxer like. Also i don't like the mercedes style centre console. But must be a new age thing to attract the more sporty buyers??

But love the front, side and color.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:30 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Agreed - Those are the best pictures I have seen thus far - I can't wait to see it in person

Old 03-09-2016, 12:27 AM
911ist is on a distinguished road
it looks like a SUV to me...am i the only person that is not in love with this design?

Old 03-09-2016, 12:02 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Whatever tone shifting Silver/Gray/Black-Chrome this color is called... its my new favorite color!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: These pictures made me like the DB11