Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Intake Manifold upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Intake Manifold upgrade

So when first opened the hood to my DB9 a year ago I was struck by the size and shape of the intake manifolds. Thought how awesome they'd look all polished out.
Well, ended up replacing plugs and coils to resolve a miss fire I had picked up and thought why not. As long as I had the top end apart .....

All I can say is wow! Almost want to park my car in the garage with the hood up from now on

Old 04-03-2016, 11:16 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Amazing results. I think we need more details. What all did you have done?

Old 04-04-2016, 08:32 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Yea baby... Looks tres' cool.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:47 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
That looks amazing, well done!

Old 04-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Amazing results. I think we need more details. What all did you have done?
Thanks. Hate to cross post but the whole story is in my thread here

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...&t=1570716&i=0

Next project is back to my sequential tail lights

Old 04-04-2016, 01:53 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Definitely pops! How'd you do the red? Is it paint?

Old 04-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Well done sir. Absolutely beautiful.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:30 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Love the polished intake manifolds... Very pre-WWII of you lol. Reminds me of the giant V12s of old.

Personally I would have done the accents in black, but the quality certainly looks very good

Old 04-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by telum01
Definitely pops! How'd you do the red? Is it paint?
The red is that Plastidip so I can peel it off if I get tired of it.

Was going off the calipers. I've purchased extra screens for the bonnet and side strakes that I've painted red too. Waiting for my door struts to come in and will put the red screens on then.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:58 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
The throttle bodies actually shine up quite nicely. I polished mine last time I had them off for cleaning.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Well done, looks like a Ferrari V 12!
Ron

Old 04-05-2016, 04:23 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Old phart
The red is that Plastidip so I can peel it off if I get tired of it.

Was going off the calipers. I've purchased extra screens for the bonnet and side strakes that I've painted red too. Waiting for my door struts to come in and will put the red screens on then.
Ha! Was planning on doing the same with the mesh, but I am thinking I will powder coat them like my strut braces and manifold. Would love to see them on your car!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	78
Size:	825.4 KB
ID:	444871  
Old 04-05-2016, 04:52 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Great write up on Pistonheads. Love the results. How does that plastidip due under the heat of an engine? This might have to be a future project.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:33 PM
8Tech is an unknown quantity at this point
I smoothed out all the casting flashings and painted mine in Audi bright silver without the clear lacquer. This gives a very nice surface finish.

Whilst they were off, I also ported the throttle bodies and the manifolds, both at the throttle body ends, the runners and the port ends.

You would not believe the rough castings and the lips in the throats on the standard components.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:39 PM
8Tech is an unknown quantity at this point
Or maybe you might...............

They may be hand built, but they are certainly not hand finished!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold upgrade