Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rear break disks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 03:47 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Rear break disks

Been reading the sticky on Aston parts and diy, I read on this forum some time back that the Vantage rear break disks are identical to the Nissan 370 Z ?
I have noticed my rears are badly groved, yet the fronts do not even have a ridge at the top, assuming my traction control works when I regularly become enthusiastic on the gas
Hoping the Z370 disks will fit?

Any comments?

Old 04-16-2016, 07:05 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by J doubleU
It's BRAKE and DISC is my comment.
Not sure that I would put a Datsun break and disk on a AM

Old 04-17-2016, 02:20 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Not sure that I would put a Datsun break and disk on a AM
But your happy to have a ford thermostat and a Volvo opening devise?(OEM)
I'm not sure I want to wait 5 weeks for shipping if the z 370 is identical and it's available.

Just trying to reach a party who can confirm it, if the disks had the AM wings machined into them and it had AM bragging rights I would not even consider an alternate.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:37 AM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
Never ever would I put a Nissan break AND disk on my Aston. You find lots of internet shops which sell the original parts and I think they are even not so deer. If you want to upgrade I would go for velocityap's kit, which I will do when my disks are gone, so far they are in perfect nick.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by GDay2
Never ever would I put a Nissan break AND disk on my Aston. You find lots of internet shops which sell the original parts and I think they are even not so deer. If you want to upgrade I would go for velocityap's kit, which I will do when my disks are gone, so far they are in perfect nick.
I have not once said breaks? I said disks,... Now AM do not make disks, nor do they make spark plugs, I'm trying to find out if the Z370'is identical because I read it someplace.
Also we suffer a huge import tax and other costs living in SA, so our pricing and it's structure is not the same as in say a first world country.
You need to consider that 50 million of the 58 million people who live hear live on less than 200 Dollars a month, and they are voting for the government that want to tax us (middle class and higher) out of our toys.
Then consider that there are thousands of Z350/ 370 in and around it may be easier and quicker to get my hands on the disks? I wish I could live in a country where we had Aston indies and competitive aftermarket suppliers, things we just do not have.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:01 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Just looked at shipping costs for SA and holy crap... prices are around 400 USD for shipping a 12"-cube box at 10 lbs?? Am I reading that right?!

Old 04-18-2016, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by telum01
Just looked at shipping costs for SA and holy crap... prices are around 400 USD for shipping a 12"-cube box at 10 lbs?? Am I reading that right?!
CORRECT! Then add 15 percent advelorm duty, then a further 14 percent Vat! Then add the price of the disk, see how finding a local alternate is looking like an option

Old 04-18-2016, 01:41 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GDay2
I went with the Velocity AP Kit (Wilwood) on mine - Nice equipment and very light compared to stock rotors! However the fasteners do not have a nut and bolt... they only have a bolt and require safety wire - this is something that surprised me so I thought I would advise you

Old 04-18-2016, 03:09 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
I've got a set of rears off my car so if you want precise measurements (offsets and such) I'm willing to pass these.

I thought I read somewhere they are identical to Ford GT rotors

Old 04-18-2016, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by sdekoning
I've got a set of rears off my car so if you want precise measurements (offsets and such) I'm willing to pass these.

I thought I read somewhere they are identical to Ford GT rotors
Thanks

What is a ford Gt, is it the race car with gull wing doors? because i understand that some of these are built right here in Cape Town.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:14 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Thanks

What is a ford Gt, is it the race car with gull wing doors? because i understand that some of these are built right here in Cape Town.
I meant the 2005 - 2006 Ford GT40 indeed. Remembered a thread here that mentioned it.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:45 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
There are quite a few share the same discs, but the difference is at the rotor hat.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:13 AM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by captain Greg
I have not once said breaks? I said disks,... Now AM do not make disks, nor do they make spark plugs, I'm trying to find out if the Z370'is identical because I read it someplace.
Also we suffer a huge import tax and other costs living in SA, so our pricing and it's structure is not the same as in say a first world country.
You need to consider that 50 million of the 58 million people who live hear live on less than 200 Dollars a month, and they are voting for the government that want to tax us (middle class and higher) out of our toys.
Then consider that there are thousands of Z350/ 370 in and around it may be easier and quicker to get my hands on the disks? I wish I could live in a country where we had Aston indies and competitive aftermarket suppliers, things we just do not have.

The 370Z has a hub center bore of 66.1mm, so first of all you would need to have the bore opened to 68.08 to match your AM hub. The Sport Brakes by Akebono on the rear of the 370Z are 13.8" diameter but only .79" in thickness. Where the AM brake discs are 25mm at least. The next obstacle is identifying the offset from hub face to brake caliper mounting. If the hat on the 370Z rotor(disc) is off by just .10mm then the caliper will bind on the discs. The other option you have is to take your stock discs off, and bring them to a reputable shop and see if they can be turned to remove as much if not all of the grooves and still remain in the minimum thickness requirement.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:19 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
The vantage rotors are off of a Ford GT, not a Nissan

Old 04-21-2016, 11:22 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Vantage rear brake disc min. thickness is 26mm new is 28mm. When you don't have gas groove present, your under min spec. of 26mm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear break disks