Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rear break disks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 06:18 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Thanks

What is a ford Gt, is it the race car with gull wing doors? because i understand that some of these are built right here in Cape Town.
Greg, I was picking with you on the spelling, I would never unless Telum suggested it was ok, put another type of part on the car. But, I do think like you.

I am actually seeing if a friend is still in the Air Force there in AUS. If he is, I am seeing if I can mail him your parts if you get them in the US, and then he can mail to you. I emailed him 2 days ago and no response yet. So not sure. He will do this no problem if he is there.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:23 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I would never unless Telum suggested it was ok, put another type of part on the car.
Happy to do some digging when I can, but I'm not sure what else matches. I'm really conservative with cross referencing parts, personally, not trying to deter from people trying anything!

I've got the Wilwood rotors on my car, really happy with them. Worth the extra installation (bolts and safety wire) for the performance benefits in my opinion.

Finding a cost effective alternative in SA is the hard part... if it isn't already there, import taxes, tarifs, and bribes add up...

Looking at the associated costs, it'd be more reasonable to go to SA to deliver to Captain Greg!

Old 04-22-2016, 07:43 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
Happy to do some digging when I can, but I'm not sure what else matches. I'm really conservative with cross referencing parts, personally, not trying to deter from people trying anything!

I've got the Wilwood rotors on my car, really happy with them. Worth the extra installation (bolts and safety wire) for the performance benefits in my opinion.

Finding a cost effective alternative in SA is the hard part... if it isn't already there, import taxes, tarifs, and bribes add up...

Looking at the associated costs, it'd be more reasonable to go to SA to deliver to Captain Greg!
Like you said, if its the same then great, but internal parts are questionable for things. I am checking for Greg, then he can avoid all those ridiculous fees. I didnt realize how bad AUS prices are until some AMG E63 owners were talking and saying they paid like $250,000 for a 90k car here. We were quite surprised. So I try to help them out when I can.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:44 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Like you said, if its the same then great, but internal parts are questionable for things. I am checking for Greg, then he can avoid all those ridiculous fees. I didnt realize how bad AUS prices are until some AMG E63 owners were talking and saying they paid like $250,000 for a 90k car here. We were quite surprised. So I try to help them out when I can.
Thanks guys, yep Telum01 has been a great help, I will now do the thermostat as soon as I can after looking at the vids on redpants and getting the jag part number i think Im on my way.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:59 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Greg lives in South Africa, not Australia.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Greg lives in South Africa, not Australia.
Thanks, didnt realize that, for some reason was thinking AUS. So no, don't know anyone there to help him out. Sorry for this mistake.