Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

'09-'10 V8 Vantage Sports Pack vs Non S

Old 05-07-2016, 08:55 AM
rhart6 is on a distinguished road
'09-'10 V8 Vantage Sports Pack vs Non S

Has anyone driven the two setups back to back? I'm curious how much stiffer the Sports Pack is than the non Sports Pack.
Thanks

Old 05-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
One item to note: there is also a "Vantage S", which is not simply a Vantage with sport pack. It's a Vantage with several differences (different steering ratio, different brakes, v12 bodywork, 430hp, etc.). Just making that clear in case you weren't aware.
CATTMAN

Old 05-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Cattman
One item to note: there is also a "Vantage S", which is not simply a Vantage with sport pack. It's a Vantage with several differences (different steering ratio, different brakes, v12 bodywork, 430hp, etc.). Just making that clear in case you weren't aware.
CATTMAN
I was not aware of that. Thank you for the correction.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I test drove both suspensions before I bought my Sports Pack '09. The difference IMO is very noticeable, but it's a personal preference thing rather than a better/worse thing. The Sports Pack is definitely firmer, and probably is as firm as I'd want a road car to be (at least in the Northeast where the roads are so poor). The handling with the Sports Pack is fantastic -- clearly sharper, pointier, more responsive, more neutral, more nimble. It's definitely my preference. However, I think many people would prefer the softer ride of the standard car, which still handles very well -- just not as well. For me, the sharper handling is worth the firmer ride. Also, the Sports Pack is not as stiff as the Vantage S, until the 12.25 model year when the Sports Pack suspension became the same as the S suspension.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:47 AM
My 2010 Sport Pack is stiffer than my 996 Turbo. I was going to lower it a tad but I think I'll leave as is. Much stiffer (and faster) than my '07 V8 4.3 that was ripped away by my divorce.
DO YOU KNOW WHY DIVORCES ARE SO EXPENSIVE?
Because they are worth it.