Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM owners are unpleasant customers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 10:31 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Talking AM owners are unpleasant customers?

I had to laugh when I read that and wanted to share.

I'm researching for 11mm H&R spacers for my Aston and came across this:

Nearly every interaction we've had with Aston Martin owners has been unpleasant. Maybe we've just had bad luck, but almost every Aston customer has been entitled, impatient, and a real pain. If you are going to be one of those guys, please don't buy from us.

If you are a chill dude, and not a "dick", I'm more than happy to help you out!

Order, or don't accordingly.

https://technotoytuning.com/aston-martin/vantage/hr-front-wheel-spacers-aston-martin-v8-and-v12-vantage

Last edited by telum01; 05-26-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:10 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I admire this company. They may or may not be correct about AM customers, but has the ***** to say that they do not want the business of some people

Old 05-26-2016, 11:24 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
He doesn't like dick's, but comes off as one himself. Wouldn't buy from him, because I would probably get an attitude.
Even though he is standing his ground, he is losing business, which is just plain DUMB.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:25 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
My experience has been the exact opposite. Just about everyone I've dealt with has been great.

But that's because Aston Martin owners want answers, and most vendors don't have them. It's far too niche. Vendors like that one list every part available to them, and then get pissed off when people ask for specific information about those products.

What this vendor fails to understand (aside from the products they sell) is that Aston Martin owners are discerning - not "dicks".

The hard part about selling products online is that there are so many competitors, and customers love to shop based on price because it's so easy to do on the internet. But the problem with that is you're using price as a discriminator when other things (like product and application knowledge) are just as important.

Last edited by telum01; 05-26-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:48 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by randyb
He doesn't like dick's, but comes off as one himself. Wouldn't buy from him, because I would probably get an attitude.
Even though he is standing his ground, he is losing business, which is just plain DUMB.
Agree

Old 05-26-2016, 12:11 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by telum01
customers love to shop based on price because it's so easy to do on the internet. But the problem with that is you're using price as a discriminator when other things (like product and application knowledge) are just as important.
Perfectly stated! Service and knowledge go a long way, particularly when buying something technical, complex, or expensive- and in that AM world, all of those apply.
CATTMAN

Old 05-26-2016, 03:02 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold

Read between the lines: my company loves to advertise stuff on its website that a. doesn't fit your car; b. isn't in stock or c. is cheap junk. We're happy to take your money but don't you dare complain that we've been paid but you haven't got your order yet, or you're an uptight d*ck.

I, too admire this company... for openly warning me that they don't give a rat's @ss about their customers. Have fun with your successful business.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Zinful is on a distinguished road
..."chill dude"...
Give me a break!
He surely does not appear to be any more sophistocated linguistcally than he is business savy.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:41 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
haha, it made me laugh, but i too probably would never buy from someone who comes off as a ***** himself.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:44 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
"Chill dude" ? caveat emptor...

Old 06-01-2016, 10:42 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
I will seek out a vendor mainly for customer support along with competitive pricing. Pricing is not the bottom line but I also do not want to feel like I am being gouged for a specialty vendor. Other premium marques I have owned (Lotus, Porsche, Audi, and Jaguar) are supported by a varying array of vendors. Each has their own way of dealing with customer support. This includes the dealers as well. So far I find most vendors who support Astons to be some of the best yet. I have not run into one so far that left me thinking they are a rip off artist or have an attitude problem like I have with other marques.