Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

PICS: AMOC Concours at Lime Rock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 06:37 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
PICS: AMOC Concours at Lime Rock

I also posted these in the "Official Photo Thread".

Pretty peeved about my mishap in the gas station, and I'll be down for repairs for about a month. Hopefully, I'll have some nice "cosmetic" updates for the car once I get up and running again. Of course, I'll post pics.

In the meantime, enjoy these!

Last edited by terminal_ac; 06-25-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:21 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Great meeting you and thanks for the pics!

AXA Runner won a couple awards from the track day. I took the liberty of claiming one of them for him so I could get it to him. The other he had to be present for so it was forfeited lol

Old 06-26-2016, 04:08 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for picking it up for me. The 2015 DB9 that beat me was slower thru the tuns than my V8 Vantage S

Old 06-26-2016, 04:10 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

Fastest overall was a 2015 GT3RS which was otherworldly

Old 06-26-2016, 05:05 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
wow a whole 3 seconds faster on what feels like a mile track with 1 braking zone... amazing

Old 06-26-2016, 05:30 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, I thought this was a concours photos thread, not a how fast I went around the track thread....start another one!

Old 06-27-2016, 09:02 AM
telum01 is a super nice guy who simply highlighted Saturdays side of the weekend... of the AMOC event. XJRS Owner, did you attend any of the AMOC festivities? Its alway a wonderful weekend which due to conflicts, I can only attend the TT event. The AMOC is a worthy club IMO.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:18 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Hey, I thought this was a concours photos thread, not a how fast I went around the track thread....start another one!

I was wondering if you were there, but I guess you're to remain a man of mystery

I was admittedly very pessimistic going into it. I've heard a ton of horror stories about Lime Rock rules being extremely strict leading up to it, so I was expecting the worst. Everything went far, far better than I expected and it was an incredible time. I'm definitely going to be there next time if you want to say hi lol

Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
telum01 is a super nice guy who simply highlighted Saturdays side of the weekend... of the AMOC event. XJRS Owner, did you attend any of the AMOC festivities? Its alway a wonderful weekend which due to conflicts, I can only attend the TT event. The AMOC is a worthy club IMO.

And you as well! I'm going to have to ask for a ride-along next time. You're putting down some great times and I need to see it first hand. I'm losing a ton of time going into the Uphill, and I don't think I'll be able to change that without being shown how it's done!

Old 07-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Tim Cottingham emailed me a picture, but first the story behind it:

Kathy Gaffney, who does an incredible amount of work making AMOC events happen, asked to go for a ride with me at Lime Rock, and of course I obliged. At one point I'm looking ahead to the next turn to the right and I see her in my passenger seat holding up her phone. My immediate thought was, "WTF?? We're flying around this track and she's over there texting?!"

After we finished the session, she said she was trying to film the lap. The video didn't turn out, but the whole thing was pretty funny. Tim was trackside taking pictures so later on I chased him down and asked if he'd gotten pictures of my car during that session. He was kind enough to search through his pictures to find this one for me and Kathy.

Tim is a veritable encyclopedia of Aston Martin knowledge. He's the Registrar for Cars at the Aston Martin Heritage Trust, has a great website www.astonmartins.com, and is an all-around great guy. Huge thanks to him for the picture and for taking the time to find it and follow up with me!

You can see Kathy's phone up in front of her helmet visor:

Old 07-20-2016, 04:00 PM
bluecab is on a distinguished road
We must devise a way to associate our forum identities with our real names and/or cars.
I was there and would have enjoyed meeting up ..
I believe there will be some discussion of name tags for next year within the AMOC as well.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm all for it. I wore my infamous Redpants to make it easy to spot me lol. But some people like being anonymous and I respect that, so I leave it to others to introduce themselves so there isn't any awkwardness or pressure.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:26 AM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
absolutely beautiful cars. thanks for posting the pics.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:23 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Great pics! Love the green DBS.

Is there any pics of richard in his red pants with every single car? I think that needs to be done next year

Old 07-22-2016, 10:11 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing! great cars!

Old 07-25-2016, 07:26 AM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
Nice thread! Cars look great on the lawn.