Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

09 Vantage: Can't find phone menu?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
09 Vantage: Can't find phone menu?

There was a similar thread on pistonheads and I've emailed that OP but am looking here for answers as well:

Just bought an 09 Vantage V8. Beautiful car, and loving it so far. Has a few quirks and I'm knocking each out one at a time.

Current mission is to get the bluetooth working. Seller said the car was equipped with bluetooth. There is a "call" and "hangup" rocker control on the steering wheel, and a "phone" button in the center stack next to the joystick. If I press any of these all it does it mute the audio.

Whether I have pressed these buttons or not, there is no "phone" menu. So I cannot access any of the settings for pairing, etc.

I have tried:

-disconnecting the battery all night (wanted to reset ECU as well, reset windows, etc). That appeared to do nothing. Not even the radio presets were lost. Is there a further step to discharging the system safely? Usually an overnight disconnect discharges any capacitors. (my Corvette mentality)

-removing and replacing fuse F68 (Bluetooth module). That did nothing. No change.

Any ideas? Could it be that I do not have BT, but some other phone option (like SIM only? was that an option?) Or is this behavior indicating the BT module is dead?

Does unplugging the batt neg terminal reset the electronics? Do I also have to hit the reset in the trunk? Thought this would be a more thorough disconnect at the battery.

Thanks

Old 07-04-2016, 05:29 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't you have a manual for the car... if not you could try to download this one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dz627u4fb...e_USA.pdf?dl=0

I remember when I set my phone it wasn't obvious, good luck

Old 07-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
Heard back from op at pistonheads. He ended up having to replace his bluetooth module. It isnt a matter of reading the manual, which I have. The phone menu simply isn't there, under any condition.

Old 07-05-2016, 02:55 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Have you tried pressing PHONE, then MENU on the upper right of joystick?

Old 07-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Have you tried pressing PHONE, then MENU on the upper right of joystick?
Yes I have

Old 07-05-2016, 08:35 PM
jerhofer is just really nicejerhofer is just really nicejerhofer is just really nicejerhofer is just really nice
This worked for me on my 2007 Vantage but a 2009 may be different.

For anyone still having problems this is how to do it (I was using an iphone 4S on a 2006 Vantage):-
Put the iphone Bluetooth into search mode.
Tell the car -by pushing phone command button on wheel to Pair phone
Car tells you to put phone into search mode and then type 1 2 3 4 as the bluetooth code.
Phone will see the car - will list as Aston Martin. Put code in
It will then fail! Car says pairing failed.
But you now have the iphone recognising the Aston Martin bluetooth, so on the phone, select "Aston Martin" on the bluetooth menu. It will bring up the boxes to put in the passcode. Put in 1 2 3 4, but do NOT press pair on the phone yet.
Tell the car -by pushing the wheel button to pair phone. Then immediatley press the Pair button (top right) on the phone.
Should then pair straight away.
Have checked and phone is always then recognised on startup

Old 07-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by jerhofer
This worked for me on my 2007 Vantage but a 2009 may be different.

For anyone still having problems this is how to do it (I was using an iphone 4S on a 2006 Vantage):-
Put the iphone Bluetooth into search mode.
Tell the car -by pushing phone command button on wheel to Pair phone
Car tells you to put phone into search mode and then type 1 2 3 4 as the bluetooth code.
Phone will see the car - will list as Aston Martin. Put code in
It will then fail! Car says pairing failed.
But you now have the iphone recognising the Aston Martin bluetooth, so on the phone, select "Aston Martin" on the bluetooth menu. It will bring up the boxes to put in the passcode. Put in 1 2 3 4, but do NOT press pair on the phone yet.
Tell the car -by pushing the wheel button to pair phone. Then immediatley press the Pair button (top right) on the phone.
Should then pair straight away.
Have checked and phone is always then recognised on startup
Of course, this procedure only works if the phone settings menu is accessible from the dash control. In my case, it is not. No "phone icon" ever appears on the screen as the manual indicates should happen. The audio mutes but comes back the moment I press another control. So I don't think a BT signal is being produced because my phone sees nothing when I scan for BT.

Last edited by Smoky; 07-05-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:29 AM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
Send us your last 6 of VIN, let's confirm you've had the Bluetooth fitted

Old 07-08-2016, 09:34 AM
C11822

Old 07-08-2016, 10:22 AM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
Doesn't look like you've had bluetooth fitted at the factory. This is your build sheet,

Alarm System: High Spec Alarm
Battery Conditioner: Battery Conditioner - USA/Can/Jpn
Brake Calipers: Brake Calipers - Red
Facia Trim: Piano Black Veneer
First Aid Kit: First Aid Kit
Front Grille: Bright Finish Grille
Front Parking Distance Sensors: Front Parking Sensors
Guidebook Language: USA
Headlamps: HID Headlamp - Wash And Levelling - Fed
In Car Entertainment: Aston Martin Premium Audio
Interior Rear View Mirror: Garage Door Opener + Auto Dim Mirror-Us
IP Language: Language - USA English
Memory Seats: Memory Seats And Mirrors
Rear Badge: Delete Vantage Badge
Satellite Navigation: Satellite Navigation
Satellite Radio: Satellite Radio
Seat Heating: Heated Front Seats
Seatbelt: Seatbelt - Warm Charcoal
Sill Plaques: Personalised Sill Plaques
Sports Pack: Sports Pack With 5 Spoke Wheels

Old 07-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Thanks for looking that up. So then what is the rocker control on the steering wheel with phone call/hang up icons that mutes the music? Is that control on all cars and just acts as a manual mute if no BT is equipped ?

So far that is two major advertised features the seller said were included that turns out were not (the other was cruise control) .

Thanks again

Last edited by Smoky; 07-08-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
My Understanding was if you don't have Bluetooth and you don't have the buttons on the steering wheel. And if you don't have it I'm sure you can go with the Aston Martin retroactive kit that they offer.
Ron