Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Flush your clutch fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 11:29 AM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Papigko, which model of Motiv pressure bleeder did you get to work with the Aston Martin Vantage as their site don't list Aston Martin. Thanks
I have the 0250 which came with multiple attachments but I think its the 715-1100 adapter that fits most brittish cars. Works on my rover, lotus and AM its a 45mm threaded cap

Old 07-24-2016, 11:32 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks I was looking at getting one but wasn't sure which one to get.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:06 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Thanks for the response on capacity - I'll order two since I don't mind wasting a little to clean out the lines and calipers.

BTW Handyman the one I use for BMW's fits my V8V - that would translate to 1109. (45mm threaded)

Last edited by BMW-North; 07-25-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:19 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks BMW-North

Old 08-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Well got everything needed to flush my brakes and clutch today, Motive Power Bleeder 1109 and 4 x 500ml of 5.1 Motul Brake fluid. The brake lines were not too bad but needed to get flushed but like Papigko the clutch fluid was black :-( as if it never got flushed before and my car is a 2009 so like 7 yrs, wow. Now at least I know everything is nice, clean and good for 2 yrs.

Thanks BMW-North for help get the right Motive Bleeder and locate the 5.1 Motul fluid near me :-) and thank for Papigko for the post

Old 08-09-2016, 02:35 PM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Well got everything needed to flush my brakes and clutch today, Motive Power Bleeder 1109 and 4 x 500ml of 5.1 Motul Brake fluid. The brake lines were not too bad but needed to get flushed but like Papigko the clutch fluid was black :-( as if it never got flushed before and my car is a 2009 so like 7 yrs, wow. Now at least I know everything is nice, clean and good for 2 yrs.

Thanks BMW-North for help get the right Motive Bleeder and locate the 5.1 Motul fluid near me :-) and thank for Papigko for the post
Hi Handyman, did you need all 4 bottles, I just ordered 3 500ml bottles in preparation for doing my car? I'm also curious if you noticed a difference in the clutch feel after flushing? Thanks.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:12 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 911MTB
Hi Handyman, did you need all 4 bottles, I just ordered 3 500ml bottles in preparation for doing my car? I'm also curious if you noticed a difference in the clutch feel after flushing? Thanks.
Did this last week. Couple of items of note. I only used 3 bottles (500ml). I was flushing all brake lines and clutch. 9 nipples in total. Just use the motiv to create pressure on the fluid reservoir 10-15lbs. Too messy to pump fluid thru it. Just refill reservoir after each nipple. Also reduces chance of getting fluid on painted. fender or anywhere else.

My old fluid came out clear. Must've been changed but I don't have the paperwork. No diff on clutch operation but the more I drive the car the better it drives. but that might be in my head.

Protecting fender. Pressurizing brake fluid reservoir

10-15lbs

Old fluid

New fluid

Catch jar

Old fluid

Last edited by BMW-North; 08-09-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:22 PM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
Thanks BMW North! Interesting way to use the Motiv. When I did my Porsche I pushed the fluid through it without issue but good to learn of a different way of doing it. I'm sure the clutch line is going to be black and I don't know the last time the brakes were done so this is likely overdue. I hope to get at it in the next few weeks. Cheers!

Old 08-09-2016, 03:37 PM
I put all 4 x 500ml in the Power Bleeder and when I was done I had about 1 bottle (500ml) left in the Power Bleeder. Like BMW-North said you have to be careful when removing the tube from the bleeder valve not to get fluid everywhere... Everything workout great for me and I think the clutch pedal is more consistent (where it grabs) then before although I was getting use to the car after 7,000km driven this summer so far.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Aston22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I ordered my Motive bleeder a week ago. Just waiting for it to come in. Going to do the same flush it all.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:39 PM
papigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of lightpapigko is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 911MTB
Thanks BMW North! Interesting way to use the Motiv.!
I empty the old fluid out of the master with a large syringe, then re fill it half way.That way it never overfills and when I remove the cap there is only about a 3/4 filled reservoir and no spillage.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:19 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Popped open my reservoir cap and it's DARK. Started bleeding one of the lines and it started clear, then quickly got murky. I wasn't able to get to the job itself tonight... personal reasons.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:37 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
Popped open my reservoir cap and it's DARK. Started bleeding one of the lines and it started clear, then quickly got murky. I wasn't able to get to the job itself tonight... personal reasons.
Yes sure, the new Model getting in the way of working on the Aston already!

As a question, for me, would it be too time consuming to get the calipers painted Yellow??? if we flushed the fluid??? Wonder how a Black DB9, w/shadowed out chrome trim, 20% on all windows with yellow calipers and HRE p101's or the BCforged version would look. Might be pretty awesome. I love the AM's that are greyish with the yellow. Just thought I would ask?

Old 08-10-2016, 07:07 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
As a question, for me, would it be too time consuming to get the calipers painted Yellow??? if we flushed the fluid??? Wonder how a Black DB9, w/shadowed out chrome trim, 20% on all windows with yellow calipers and HRE p101's or the BCforged version would look. Might be pretty awesome. I love the AM's that are greyish with the yellow. Just thought I would ask?
The most thorough way to do it is to remove the calipers for the color change. That means a bit of labor plus what basically amounts to a fluid flush. There's some down time while the calipers are off the car getting painted or powdercoated, but in your situation it wouldn't be an issue. The job is fairly straight forward.

When I do mine, I'm also having the calipers rebuilt with new dust boots, seals, etc. Mine are starting to show signs of their abuse

Unfortunately not this time... loss of a friend that I'm still coping with. But I am seeing her tonight so I still won't be getting to the fluid flush today

Last edited by telum01; 08-10-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:36 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future

It would look a little something like this Let me know if anyone needs deals for HRE's.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flush your clutch fluid