Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 02:07 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Electrical Issues

Ok, so I got the car back. I must say, the paint work is nice. There's no clear evidence that the fender was replaced.

I have a couple of electrical issues, however, since the door needed to be removed

1. The window does not do it's little dip when I pull the door handle. If I open the door completely, the window does dip, but I know it's supposed to dip when the handle is pulled but prior to opening the door.

Along with this, LED does not light up when I deactivate the alarm or when I open the door with the key fob.

2. My alarm does not make the "lock down" sound that occurs once the alarm is fully armed.

For the windows, I tried winding down the glass and holding down the button for 5-10 secs, and then winding up the class and holding the button for 5-10 secs, i.e., the obvious reset procedure. This did not work.

For the alarm, I have no clue.

Is there a reset procedure that was missed? Any clues?

Thanks!!
TAC

Old 07-29-2016, 10:10 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Funny, I just called my AM dealership about the alarm. Mine has not made a noise since I have had it and did not know it was supposed to chirp until I picked my car up from the bodyshop and he asked why the alarm has never chirped. So when I get an answer, I will let you know.

Can't help you on nbr 1, but I bet the microchip contacts are not aligned properly or one or both contacts are loose

Last edited by randyb; 07-29-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:40 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by randyb
Funny, I just called my AM dealership about the alarm. Mine has not made a noise since I have had it and did not know it was supposed to chirp until I picked my car up from the bodyshop and he asked why the alarm has never chirped. So when I get an answer, I will let you know.

The sound is not a "chirp". The sound is a moderately weighted "click" approximately 25 seconds after the car is locked with the key fob. If you're outdoors you may not even notice it. To hear it requires you to pay attention while keeping quiet. The best way to hear it is in your garage at night.

Originally Posted by randyb
Can't help you on nbr 1, but I bet the microchip contacts are not aligned properly or one or both contacts are loose

This is my suspicion in that they forgot to connect something. Real odd though because the door functions fine in all other aspects.

Thanks for your input.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:51 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If you were just at the dealership, they did the recall to remove double locking. That's why you don't hear the "click" anymore.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
If you were just at the dealership, they did the recall to remove double locking. That's why you don't hear the "click" anymore.
Yes, issue resolved.

From Aston Martin Tech Info.

Disable the Double Locking Feature on North America Vehicles
Reference: RA-01-0021

Thanks for the heads up!