Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Brake capliers unique to Aston Martin?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 05:30 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Brake capliers unique to Aston Martin?

Are the Brembo brake capliers specific to the Aston Martin?
I am thinking of changing my capliers from red to yellow. Don't want to have the car on jackstands while the capliers go out for powder coating.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:27 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
They very well might be made just for Aston even though they look like all the other Brembo's out there. I think it's common from Brembo to make slight changes to suit a manufacturer. The good news it AM is so low volume Brembo may not have done anything special for them.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
I was just out with the Ferrari boys, and someone said my Vantage S calipers were identical to the 458, but I didn't look...

Old 07-28-2016, 08:13 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
They all look the same but I know for a fact many are are only for specific cars. But I think that may apply mostly to high volume cars like Mustangs.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:00 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
The calipers from several other manufactures look identical but after closer inspection I've determined that the spacing between the radial mounted bolts is different with every manufacturer. I've only seen similar spacing with the VAG vehicles (Bentley, lambo, Audi). I measured over 30 different types of calipers through the past few years and Aston calipers definitely have a unique spacing. Additionally, all the Aston calipers have the Aston Martin wings on them.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:06 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Timodc
The calipers from several other manufactures look identical but after closer inspection I've determined that the spacing between the radial mounted bolts is different with every manufacturer. I've only seen similar spacing with the VAG vehicles (Bentley, lambo, Audi). I measured over 30 different types of calipers through the past few years and Aston calipers definitely have a unique spacing. Additionally, all the Aston calipers have the Aston Martin wings on them.
The Radial bolt spacing on the VH-Aston's is 180mm both front and rear. The VAG mentioned calipers have a spacing of 200mm, which I believe Ferrari runs as well.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:52 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Would you change Taylor swifts legs?.....
Why change red calipers

Old 07-29-2016, 04:40 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Why change red calipers
Because he prefers Jamie Lee Curtis legs

Old 07-29-2016, 05:52 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Why change red calipers
Love the quote
I am in the process of installing a v12 grill from v collection. I have finally formulated a custom yellow color to paint the grill and mirror caps. My thinking is that the yellow calipers would be a better match. Now I am not so sure as the red goes well with the wheels and it is separate from the grill. Pics later when I have an opportunity