Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Bespoke sill plates for the Dr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 05:49 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
I will be interested getting a set too depending on the price. Any options for inlay color?

Old 08-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
I'm your huckleberry!

In addition to ordering a set, I'd live to get the cnc files of the logo!

I have access to a cnc machine and would love to make a big decal for my garage

Old 08-05-2016, 08:01 PM
09DBS will become famous soon enough
Any opportunity to add color to these? OR make in Carbon Fiber?

Old 08-06-2016, 10:02 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 09DBS
Any opportunity to add color to these? OR make in Carbon Fiber?
I added a black enamel into mine its easy to do because the machining process was deep and isn't just a scratch on the surface, so run paint colour of your choice and then flat it back with say a 1000 water paper it will look fantastic.

looks even better if in the logo you run black and on the wings British racing green

To mill carbon is not advisable in my opinion, you will expose the fibre and then will need to clear coat it, normally Carbon is cut with water.
Here are my plates

And then a badge I did for the key fob, Im busy designing a bespoke billet key fob with the logo into it to eventually discard the Volvo thing.
I could have milled the key fob to have made the badge fit more flush, but I was in a hurry.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:07 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Batman-76
I'm your huckleberry!

In addition to ordering a set, I'd live to get the cnc files of the logo!

I have access to a cnc machine and would love to make a big decal for my garage
I actually cut a big logo out of a 900mm x 1400mm 6mm Plate and scribed below it Parking for the Captain only and put it up at the airport ...some (those that drive BMW's) at work say i have a huge ego but we know the truth

I will sell the cnc file for 2000 USD ...itwas the hardest thing to write and I could not simply steal it off the web site

Old 08-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by mindscape9
With Captain shipping these from SA, I'd be interested in getting a set as well to help offset the shipping cost to the States. Can't imagine continental shipping would be too cumbersome if someone was willing to distribute to members (i'm happy to take this on).
I will make a set or two I just need to add that Dr Brent waited I think for 2 weeks or so and i still need to drop them in the mail.

If anyone is coming to Town i can run a few sets and meet up in CT...I will let that person take pics of the co pilot

Old 08-06-2016, 10:48 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Oh wait, you didn't tell me I could meet the co pilot and pick up my sills. Well that is a game changer. How much extra does that cost?

Regards,

Old 08-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Shardul
+1 for pics of co-pilot

carfull boys the Blonde is the misus

Old 08-06-2016, 01:30 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by captain Greg

carfull boys the Blonde is the misus
Haha, I'll take the bird thank you!!!!!! That way I can go pick up my own batch!

Capt. I will talk with you this fall, for a bespoke set for the car I purchase. Something unique with enough leeway time for me to install in Dec when I get home.

Key Fob----- If someone designs something, anything, for the old keys they likely will get almost every owner to buy it. Not sure, but did someone do a Fob using a Jaguar Fob or a Bentley Fob??? I cannot remember. I would think its just a matter of getting the guts to fit in something where the buttons would still work. But, I leave that to the experts.

Thanks for you service you provide, and I am not talking about the one in the air.

Old 08-06-2016, 02:27 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Oh my...

Old 08-06-2016, 04:29 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Amazed I can look past the PINK helicopter. There is a chopper in that picture, right?

Old 08-07-2016, 10:40 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a very good idea, I was looking at getting a piece of aluminum, getting it anodized black then engrave so that it would be reverse from what we have today... My master plan is to get my sills polished and anodized clear.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Looks like a very good idea, I was looking at getting a piece of aluminum, getting it anodized black then engrave so that it would be reverse from what we have today... My master plan is to get my sills polished and anodized clear.
Just be careful with engraving? IMO engraving is not deep enough and the depth or lack of will make the plate look cheap.
Then anodising is great except that the piece needs to be 100 percent blemish free or it will look secondhand, that is the key.

I prefer stainless on the door sills because if your shoe or say the woman's handbag drag across it its so easy to fix with water paper, again with milled plates you can rub them with water paper to a matt finish or fine polish with autosol. Read polish till your blue in the face, with engraved plates if you polish hard you will compromise the engraving.

Im sending Brents plates of tomorrow, so let us wait and get his opinion when they are in his hands.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:56 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Love the bond plates!

Old 08-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Very Nice Tony

We can not see the detail, (resolution) how did you do it? I posted via a mate a video of how Brent's were done and we accept that CNC cutting is simply perfect.

What do you rush an enthusiast for a set?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bespoke sill plates for the Dr