Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Out with the 2007 in with the 2016

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 08:25 AM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
Easily the best Vantage GT color combo IMHO. Congrats!

Old 08-08-2016, 10:50 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Magnificent!

Old 08-09-2016, 08:47 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
Nice move!

I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. I took my 2007 V8V in for a routine service and, just for kicks, I test drove a 2011 V12V. A few weeks later and after some negotiating I was driving home with a V12 under the well ventilated hood.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WG_moots
Nice move!

I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. I took my 2007 V8V in for a routine service and, just for kicks, I test drove a 2011 V12V. A few weeks later and after some negotiating I was driving home with a V12 under the well ventilated hood.
Oh boy, I was looking for a used V12 with a stick. However I was told the old adage there like hens teeth, could not even find one.
Ron

Old 08-09-2016, 01:50 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Congrats Ron!

I looked at that car when I stopped by Galpin in April. I was in town for business and I had seen it listed in their inventory.

I have located a couple manual V12 cars here in Phoenix. I am considering going that route if I can get them down on their asking prices. I will probably list my 07 for sale soon in preparation for an upgrade.

Last edited by skywagon; 08-09-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:34 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by skywagon
Congrats Ron!

I looked at that car when I stopped by Galpin in April. I was in town for business and I had seen it listed in their inventory.

I have located a couple manual V12 cars here in Phoenix. I am considering going that route if I can get them down on their asking prices. I will probably list my 07 for sale soon in preparation for an upgrade.
Funny how small our Aston community is. My car sat at the dealer for about 6 months. I would definitely recommend selling your car first privately. It can be a hassle but you'll get more in the end. Good luck on your search.
Ron

Old 08-12-2016, 05:25 PM
I know I said it before, But these are the last photos of my 2016 GT. I am loving this car!
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT controls.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	456184   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT gauge logo.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	456185   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT grille badge 2.jpg
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	456186   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT mirror.jpg
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	456187   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT nose badge.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	456188  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT seats.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	456189   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT shifter.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	456190   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT steering wheel.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	456191   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 Aston Martin Vantage GT engine.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	648.0 KB
ID:	456192  

Last edited by Ron Avery; 08-12-2016 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:08 AM
mrveda is an unknown quantity at this point
Great pics and inspiring purchase! I'm looking to buy an ex press car GT 2016 also in CA and ship to Florida. It has done almost 5k Miles. Anything to watch out for with press cars?

Old 08-13-2016, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by mrveda
Great pics and inspiring purchase! I'm looking to buy an ex press car GT 2016 also in CA and ship to Florida. It has done almost 5k Miles. Anything to watch out for with press cars?
What GT is it? the marina blue with red trim? And what dealer are you working with?
I would negotiate as I did if possible, ask for the one year of warranty that's past to be reapplied by the dealer so you have a full three-year factory warranty.
See if the tires need to be replaced as part of the deal.
I was able to negotiate roughly $23,000 off the sticker price. And basically just look the car over carefully, it is worth flying out and make sure there's no nicks in the paint or tears in the upholstery. My car was really well taken care of, except for two small chips on the edge of the rear fender where the rear hatch closes. They ordered touch up paint for me and because of where it is I don't think it'll be a problem for me to touch it up. I also had them throw in a clear bra on the hood redoing the bra on the splitter because it was scuffed from underneath, and a car cover plus the first service.
Good luck,
Ron

Old 08-13-2016, 08:47 AM
mrveda is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Ron - appreciate your reply! Yes it's the blue with red. Other competing dealers have warned me saying the press cars are harshly treated and often raced on track. I have a pre purchase inspector going there today to check it out for me. Thx again!

Old 08-13-2016, 11:40 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Hey Ron,
Congrats, very special and beautiful car. Love the interior shots. Just curious, what do you think of the elbow pad thing in the cup holder? I've been considering one.

Regards,

Old 08-13-2016, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by mrveda
Thanks Ron - appreciate your reply! Yes it's the blue with red. Other competing dealers have warned me saying the press cars are harshly treated and often raced on track. I have a pre purchase inspector going there today to check it out for me. Thx again!
I'd be happy to speak to you on the phone if you'd like . Again what dealer are you working with? If you get the factory warranty restored to its full three-years. Then you really shouldn't have any worries mechanically. However cosmetically that's why I suggested you look over the car personally make sure the wheels are fine,the paint on the hood the bumper are good. And then in the interior and seats. Are you getting a significant discount on price?
Ron

Old 08-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by W126C
Hey Ron,
Congrats, very special and beautiful car. Love the interior shots. Just curious, what do you think of the elbow pad thing in the cup holder? I've been considering one.

Regards,
It is nice. I do have to admit the coupler holder arrangement in my 2007 made it easier for you to shif. the new center console with the reposition cupholders is a nicer design with more storage space but you have to have your arm higher so you don't hit the center consul with the bottom of your arm when shifting. I thought all of the cars with the new redesign center consul came with the elbow pad.
Ron

Old 08-13-2016, 12:23 PM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
My 2009 DB9 was missing the elbow pad. Aston Martin Bits made one for me in correct Parliament Green and I couldn't be happier with it. Keeps my elbow from settling uncomfortably in the cup holder spot.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:13 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Good to know. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Out with the 2007 in with the 2016