Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Out with the 2007 in with the 2016

Old 08-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Out with the 2007 in with the 2016

So I was at my dealer Galpin earlier this week. To have my nav screen plastic gears fixed as it had stop raising up from the dash. It all seemed good it was covered under my extended warranty and it only took an hour to fix.
My mistake was going upstairs to look at the new cars they had. I noticed they had an Alloro green GT 2016 that had been sitting there for six months.
You guys may remember that last year at the Monterey car week I had gone to the Aston Martin estate, were I did drive a navy blue GT vantage and was very impressive. So I started thinking. "Iwonder if they would discount this car and how much I could get for my 2007 on a trade-in".
It turns out this particular car was the Aston Martin East Coast press car. It is a 20016 stick with all of the options. Normally I would've passed on most of these options ($33,935 worth) if I had ordered the car but I decided to investigate anyway.
The car had 2900 miles on the clock, and one year less of the three year warranty.
Let's just say that I was able to get a good enough deal to pull the trigger.
I received a substantial discount on the price of the car, plus I received back the one year of missing warranty, a car cover, my sill plates transferred from my other car with my name on them, my radar detector installed, and a battery conditioner. Along with the first service thrown in.
Now on the downside I did not receive what I was hoping for my 2007 which it just turned 10,000 miles. Don't forget I had already installed 19 inch split spoke wheels from Aston Martin an Aston Martin sport exhaust and the Aston Martin powerpack . I did get $45k for my old Vantage. So if someone's looking for a Great 2007 look on Gilpin's website and you'll find it.
I am taking pictures of this car this weekend, it is beyond words incredible. I've never normally liked green cars, but the Aloro green is something to behold with the yellow accents. Just thought I would fill you guys in. Plus it's nice to have the 16 with the updated dash and basically the last normally aspirated vantage's until the new car comes out in a year and a half.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 08-05-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:20 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Congrats, Ron! Can't wait to see the new one

Old 08-05-2016, 01:47 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Congrats, glad you're staying with the family

Old 08-05-2016, 01:53 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics of your new car!

Old 08-05-2016, 02:07 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Good for you sir! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new Baby!

Old 08-05-2016, 03:16 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Very nice. Congratulations of the purchase. Waiting patiently for the pictures.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Never a bad move to get another Aston Martin!
CATTMAN

Old 08-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
When I was seeking my 15 GT I specifically waited till I found an alloro green one with the light grey interior

Old 08-05-2016, 09:31 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Give us a comparison.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:39 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Rule No. 1 of internet: It didn't happen if no pics.

Just kidding...

Congrats on your new ride. Cheers!

Old 08-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Ok, Just to wet your appetites, I am shooting the rest at sunrise.
Ron

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill_72.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	455427   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel_72.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	455428  
Old 08-05-2016, 09:55 PM
BillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura about
Congrats Ron !!!!

Old 08-05-2016, 10:20 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Congrats. Think I already saw your car listed yesterday when I was perusing listings.

Old 08-06-2016, 01:47 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Beautiful. Congratulations Ron!

Old 08-06-2016, 04:35 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Ok, Just to wet your appetites, I am shooting the rest at sunrise.
Ron
Ron,
I am really having a hard decision whether to pick up a Vantage or DB9. I love them both, but have more seat time in a Vantage.

The obvious always comes up, sports car or GT car. I like the size of the DB9, and like how its still a sporty vehicle. I like comfort and speed. I have owned a E63 AMG and S63 AMG, liked both, felt like I could throw around the E a little more likely due to size. But...

I can afford lets say cash up to 85k max. But want--- Velocity spacers, springs, cats and rear clear lights, and will get Telum1 catch can. So already up 5k or so off the bat for options.

My quandary is -- 08-09 8-12k mile DB9 (must have Bluetooth and Sat Radio) or almost any of the Vantages. Including 15's GT's. I am seeing those for 85k asking, with 12k miles.

I know I have to decide----- However, you just spent much more, so wondering if the DB9 ever popped through your mind. If so, then why di you make your decision.

You know,45k for your 07 w/10k miles I think is a steal, so my mind keeps straying. IF you can help that would be great. Thanks Sheriff

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Out with the 2007 in with the 2016