Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

FYI-Brake Module fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
FYI-Brake Module fault

First - I absolutely am a Sportshift person over a manual after learning how it's supposed to be driven. Typically I use it to manually shift through 7th, then let it downshift on its own. I allow plenty of time at start up for the 'kiss' procedure, and with the GT it indicates when that's complete. Over the past several weeks, the downshift and sometimes manually upshift has been a bit odd, occasionally holding too long or abruptly engaging a bit too soon. Then last week I got a engine fault warning that was on for about 30 seconds and went away. Turns out the brake module sent a fault. Also turns out the brake module controls the clutch operation. Under warranty they replaced the module today and now the clutch is as smooth as it should be.

So if you have a sportshift and the clutch becomes weird, check out the brake module.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
thanks for sharing.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:31 PM
got one will become famous soon enough
good info, thanks for sharing!

Maybe we should add this to the FAQ?