Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Another way to get car on to jackstand/all wheels off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:29 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Another way to get car on to jackstand/all wheels off

Hi everyone,
I wanted to get all 4 wheels off and placed car on jack stands. I know I should just pony up and get the quickjack, and eventually will be that or a 4post lift. I saw the video from Telum on his method, which was how i did it when the wife had a mini cooper. However, I never felt great about jacking the car and tilting the car a good bit all on one side though.

The other problem with the vantage is that there is no good central jack point for the rear. The workshop manual says you can jack the front using the sub frame, but says nothing on the rear. I was going to try the jackpoint jack stands but they were on backordered.

Anyway, was on the lotus forum when I saw a few folks using what they called a hubstand. So I brought a set to try out. Also made my own jack stand adapter using polyurethane bmw adapters.

My steps as follows.
Put miniramps in front and drive onto them. Jack the back on both sides together at the official jacking point.

Take wheel out and put in hub stands.

Go back to the front and jack car up from front subframe.

Place regular jack stands on the jack adapter.

Car seems very stable. Fingers cross.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:32 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Those hub stands are pretty cool

Where did you get them or did you fabricate them

Thanks for posting

Graze

Old 10-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Probably cant say vendor name here but just goggle lotus hubstands and it should be the first hit. There are different bolt pattern on the hubstands so it will fit my bmw too

Old 10-27-2016, 09:13 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
You can say vendor names, just no active links or pricing.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:21 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
Those are interesting. Easy to find Techno Toy Tuning.

Old 10-27-2016, 10:21 AM
Yes its technic toy tuning. Owner has a vantage and he said he wanted a way to just bring wheels to tire shop for tire change without worrying about car getting dinged up.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:01 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Hub stands have been around for a while. I believe some can be ordered in different heights.
Only problem is if you want to actually work on you know, the hubs��

Old 10-28-2016, 03:15 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Glad to see someone using the urethane pads! I've jacked the car 3 or 4 times since I made mine and am happy with the way they work. The only issue is that they have to be held up against the car while raising the jack to meet the pad, which can leave very little room for fingers.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:13 PM
What I did was put some adhesive backed felt on the spacer and it now fits snug into the grommet.

Now it stays on without hands to avoid pinching fingers. I still struggle with my bmw setup though so I know what you mean.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.