Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Beware of Newport Beach Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 04:58 PM
rkhanna1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Beware of Newport Beach Aston Martin

I bought an Aston Martin V8 Vantage from them back in 2014 and have had nothing but problems with the car and this dealership's service department ever since. After spending top-dollar, I was treated to the following issues from this "high-performance" vehicle:

1. Stalling problems
2. Faulty convertible top.
3. Starting issues.
4. Ill-designed seats resulting in damaged leather.
5. Faulty hand-break
6. Clutch failure
7. A driver's door that doesn't shut properly.
And last, but not least...
8. Engine failure at 18,000 miles.

NB Aston Martin has refused to stand behind their vehicle, leaving me with an "exotic" lemon. My advice to you is to stay away from this make of car, and especially this dealership.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
What year is your Aston?
What are the specifics of your warranty?
Sorry to hear of your struggles

Old 11-09-2016, 05:23 PM
rkhanna1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Warrant is for 3 years, up in Feb. '17.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:29 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Did you perform a ppi prior to purchase? Warranty isn't up yet so most issues should be covered under AM warranty no?

Old 11-09-2016, 11:45 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by powerbeautysoulAM
Did you perform a ppi prior to purchase? Warranty isn't up yet so most issues should be covered under AM warranty no?
Sounds like they are talking about they bought a NEW 14' Vantage and got the 3 yr factory warranty.

There are so many variables with the below information that its hard to tell why AM is not doing more-----------

1. Stalling problems----------clutch issue, or driver has trouble driving stick?????? or its a SSII auto-manual and its having programing issues.

2. Faulty convertible top.------- Issue with solenoid, or top ecu maybe, likely a one time replacement for the module and its fine

3. Starting issues.------ who knows, maybe they don't hold their finger on the button long enough, or expect it to start if tapped????

4. Ill-designed seats resulting in damaged leather.--subjective to the OP, maybe they slide into it wearing out the side bolster, or are overweight and do this etc....... Enough times and most any car has these issues.

5. Faulty hand-break----------- Sound like a one time warranty fix

6. Clutch failure-----------One out of thousands failed????? or the driver is not driving the car correctly, sounds like a SSII and they toasted the clutch in a short amount of mileage and are now blaming the car.

7. A driver's door that doesn't shut properly.----Adjustment????
And last, but not least...
8. Engine failure at 18,000 miles.---------Maybe AM doesn't feel it was maintained properly so not covering it We don't have enough info on this to even guess. But the 4.7 has been out for 5-7 years and most have absolutely no issues and are extremely reliable.

Maybe after all that the OP will expound on the information. If they don't, then I feel that most of this is just a rant for their frustration, which some maybe self caused. Hopefully we can find out, and help them so they change their opinion and enjoy the car.

Old 11-10-2016, 06:16 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
something doesnt seem right with your post...you have a warranty and they are not covering an engine failure?

There must be more to your story.

I bought my Aston from Newport and have not have ANY issues with them.

Old 11-10-2016, 03:40 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Mods kill the troll..... he must be an R8 driver

Old 11-11-2016, 05:05 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I bought a used 2009 Vantage with extended warranty from Newport Beach with 30,000 miles on it - drove it absolutely trouble free for the next 12,000 miles - they sold the car as represented, except it did not come with the umbrella as represented. They gave a good price and delivered it to Minneapolis at no extra charge. However... it took about 3 months to get the paperwork instead of the 10 days or so they represented to register and title the car. During my '*****' period with them, and after a while directly to AM corporate, they really had a F#*K YOU attitude, and for that alone I'd never recommend anyone purchasing anything from them.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:27 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I bought a used 2009 Vantage with extended warranty from Newport Beach with 30,000 miles on it - drove it absolutely trouble free for the next 12,000 miles - they sold the car as represented, except it did not come with the umbrella as represented. They gave a good price and delivered it to Minneapolis at no extra charge. However... it took about 3 months to get the paperwork instead of the 10 days or so they represented to register and title the car. During my '*****' period with them, and after a while directly to AM corporate, they really had a F#*K YOU attitude, and for that alone I'd never recommend anyone purchasing anything from them.

I have a feeling this posting was a vague Rant by the OP. This was his first posting, then his second was to clarify only enough to still be very vague. Then nothing further.

Most of the problems they are having is likely due to their own lack of maintenance or carelessness. The dealer is probably tired of complaints from them and have told them to **** off. Who knows, but without clarification to all the issues, we will never know, BUT, the OP accomplished their goal------ put a thread out saying how bad AMs are. Most people wont read into the thread and see that its possibly self imposed issues, and just go on and say how unreliable they are.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:35 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
As I stated above your post, the dealer after sale and delivery ignored my calls to expedite the title work, so I could actually drive my car and not let it sit 3 months - there were past similar complaints against them on this very 6speedonline. So I can see how a little problem if ignored by a dealer quickly becomes a very large problem, and that a person who finally got their dream car is about to have a nightmare.

However, the post looked unusually problematic for a Vantage, and since I've had three nearly flawless Vantages (driving a total 50,000+ miles) and know dozens more owners who have not had problems, I can only guess that this is either incredibly bad luck, or the required annual maintenance during the warranty period was ignored and the car was horribly abused.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:35 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Bought and had a new '14 AMV8 from Newport Beach as well. No issues. Had an oil change there during the ownership. All good.

There was however a change in the sales dept. Two sales folks I know left for another dealership.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:45 PM
caltech is on a distinguished road
Purchased my '09 DB9 from them in November. Sales team was very helpful with test drives and overall a very civilized experience. I had one minor warning light the day after I took delivery, and they were all over fixing it. No problems since. All in all a good experience.

Jim

P.S. - I saw the exact same review on Yelp from the original poster.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.