Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vanquish Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 09:36 AM
klmc is on a distinguished road
Vanquish Questions

Having driven the Vanquish MY 2016 for a few days, I have some questions which I hope someone can help me clarify;

1. The car has done around 400km only now - when I am P and enable Sport mode I can hear no difference in the exhaust note - I have obviously not pushed the car yet by any stretch (max 3000 rpm briefly) so not sure what it sounds like a high rpm. Is that normal? Will it open up after the first 1,000 km/miles or?

2. Auto-Light. Whenever I start the engine the light is on by default and it appears to remain on for the first 10 minutes or so before it starts to switch the light off and on in tunnels etc. Is there a rationale for that?

3. The windows both have an auto-down mode - but not up? I can't recall if it was the same in my previous car - again is that by design or?

Thanks in advance....

Old 12-06-2016, 10:54 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
1) Change while underway only? I wouldn't expect anything while in Park unless really goosing it perhaps.

2) Default safety mode

3) AM not bothering with Vanquish (like all prior Astons). Maybe incorporated with the MB sourced electronics for the DB11?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:28 AM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
The exhaust sound will not change with no load.
When in SPORT, the exhaust valves will open sooner (around 3,000 RPM) or with aggressive throttle input (around 70% or more throttle)

If you want to feel the difference SPORT mode makes, accelerate with about 30% throttle in normal mode and then press sport to see the difference in throttle response, exhaust sound, and gearshift mapping. You'll feel the car's personality change.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Thanks so much for your replies - it helped a lot. As I have not pushed the car at all so far I have yet to enjoy the real sound although it is wonderful even around town at low revs.

Best to wait until I pass 1,000km at least - or is it higher? (I did not see anything in the manual)

Old 12-06-2016, 01:38 PM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
AM bench tests the engines and then drives it on the test loop so I think break-in period is down to what you are personally comfortable with.

Old 12-06-2016, 03:57 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by klmc
Having driven the Vanquish MY 2016 for a few days, I have some questions which I hope someone can help me clarify;

3. The windows both have an auto-down mode - but not up? I can't recall if it was the same in my previous car - again is that by design or?

Thanks in advance....
By US DOT design standards...see previous thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-question.html

Like your new Aston, by the way.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by DonL
By US DOT design standards...see previous thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-question.html

Like your new Aston, by the way.
Thanks for the link - it is not am issue for me, just to know that it is designed to be like that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.