Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Next Gen Vantage....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 03:38 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blue2000s
I hate, hate, hate touch controls. In 10 years I hope the iPad haptic nonsense is going to be looked at like we look at the horrible digital dashboards from Nissan and GM from the 80s or those irritating motorized seat belts from the 90s, another bad idea that ended in the death it deserves. If anyone who designs cars is reading this, *****!
Properly designed touch controls I can live with. The screen sticking up as if the designer went to lunch and forgot to integrate it within the dash is a deal breaker for me.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:39 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GDay2
@Mathman: I disagree, have you driven the F-Type? Plese do not compare it with a Vantage there are Galaxies in between, steering feel for example just to name one.
I thought it was a Subaru - can you imagine pulling up next to the Silver one?

Old 02-05-2017, 05:23 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Someone already did:

It looks like this is the car that the artist who did the Vantage renderings used for a starting point. Same rear bumper/diffuser profile, same contour lines along the body, exactly the same window shapes.

Last edited by blue2000s; 02-05-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:34 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Successful execution is always in the detail

Old 02-06-2017, 12:35 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GDay2
@Mathman: I disagree, have you driven the F-Type? Plese do not compare it with a Vantage there are Galaxies in between, steering feel for example just to name one.
Have you driven this new Vantage that doesn't officially exist, yet?

Didn't think so.

But if you look at this entire thread, we're talking about how it looks, not how it drives. As nobody except Aston Martin employees have driven it, it'd be absolutely stupid to talk about how the next generation Vantage feels.

Last edited by Mathman85; 02-06-2017 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:51 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I'm a +1 on the **** train. (Uh, don't read too far into that...)

The haptic feedback on my iPhone 7's home button is very impressive, but it's a single button on a small device that stays in a relatively consistent position in my hand. In a car, there are a bunch of buttons in close proximity to each other all over the place and I'm busying watching the road, other drivers, and all sorts of other stuff. ***** and buttons let me reach out to a general area, feel the buttons and ***** there, and press the one I want without ever having to take my eyes off the road - and it's all subconsciously done.

Think of it like a computer's keyboard. Your hands rest in a specific place, and the F and J keys even have little bumps to use as reference points for your index fingers. You hit all these buttons in crazy succession, and never need to take your eyes or attention away from the screen.

Now imagine typing on a completely flat glass surface.

The only reason touch-screen phones get away with it is because it's a small device, but it requires your attention, AND it has a lot of technology built into it for autocorrect and predictive word choices (which are very impressive pieces of technology, btw - I'm saying that as a linguist and language analyst by training). Autocorrect in a car? Probably not going to go well anytime soon. If it autocorrects an input, your attention is off the road to figure out not only how to get the input you meant to press, but also what was actually changed, and how to change it back.

As for the styling... none of us know. There are renderings, there are test mules, only a few people on this forum have seen it and they're not going to say anything lol.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Looking at the renderings, I need a 07-09 roadster in addition to my coupe.

I guess we will keep the value with our cars.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I seriously doubt that the rendering is accurate - it does not appear to come from Aston. From the people who actually saw a mock-up I heard it looks sorta like a 1-77 rear-ended the car and morphed with the existing Vantage... that rendering looked like the sides of a F-Type coupe was photoshopped with the rear end of he DB-10 and the front end conformed to a DB-11. Like all else if the super-fly the interior like the DB-11, I'll be happy keeping onto my GT. The I-Pad Nav is a no-go for me too.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:21 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
not a fan of those super slim tail lights.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:47 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FatFrank

Absolutely loving these renderings above (Thank you OP for posting/sharing).
I hope AM would put more DB10 (and less of DB11) styling elements into the new Vantage while keeping the current car's dimensions and AMG's dual clutch trans too. Personally, I don't mind that iPad screen from DB11 since current Vantage's flip-up screen is not that much better either anyways.
Well, one can only hope right?

Old 02-08-2017, 11:43 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
looks more like the AMG GT its based off of to me than that jag, which is fine because other than my Vantage, I would love to own an AMG GT If it only had a manual gearbox!

Old 02-10-2017, 08:23 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
I hope it will not look exactly like that rendering. The roofline and C-pillar are virtually identical to the F-type.

However, it makes me comfortable to drive my 07 for a few more years at least

Old 02-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I asked the Aston people who saw the actual mock-ups of the next gen Vantage and they said the rendering looked absolutely nothing like the next one. They said it's got more of a Vulcan look (eeek) a very wide profile.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:58 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sonies
looks more like the AMG GT its based off of to me than that jag, which is fine because other than my Vantage, I would love to own an AMG GT If it only had a manual gearbox!

The Vantage platform is not based on the AMG GT. Don't know where you got that idea.

Old 02-12-2017, 05:26 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I asked the Aston people who saw the actual mock-ups of the next gen Vantage and they said the rendering looked absolutely nothing like the next one. They said it's got more of a Vulcan look (eeek) a very wide profile.
That makes alot more sense. Still, it's a bit more 70's stingray Corvette than I'd prefer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.