Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Leather panel covered under AM ESC?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Leather panel covered under AM ESC?

I have my car at the dealer right now for a few quirks what I want to have addressed while she is under the factory warranty what I purchased when I acquired her.

Had some strange ticking on the rear wheel, sounded like a stone was stuck in the threat but no stone or nail visible. It also is temperature related. When it's warm outside it is loud.

Just wondering if leather shrinkage is included? The passenger side upper panel showed some shrinkage over the last few month.

My rep just called me that they have parts on order but the leather panel needs to be quoted to replace, re glued on or aftermarket replacement.

I thought I read that it was covered for someone on this board?!

Old 02-06-2017, 02:17 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I suspect under the AM warranty it would be, but not under an ESC.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I suspect under the AM warranty it would be, but not under an ESC.
I bought the Factory Aston Martin warranty from the AM dealer.
With booklet.

Not sure why the email said AM ESC.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:46 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zettinger
I bought the Factory Aston Martin warranty from the AM dealer.
With booklet.

Not sure why the email said AM ESC.
It said ESC because that's the title of your post. The AM purchased warranty is not the same as a factory new car warranty, it is aftermarket purchased thru AM. Don't ever expect an aftermarket warranty to cover cosmetic issues like leather shrinkage.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
It said ESC because that's the title of your post. The AM purchased warranty is not the same as a factory new car warranty, it is aftermarket purchased thru AM. Don't ever expect an aftermarket warranty to cover cosmetic issues like leather shrinkage.
Thanks for the friendly reply..

Who is the provider?

Per AM website:
EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT COVER

The Aston Martin Extended Service Contract offers a single high level of coverage, eligibility is dependent upon the age of your car at inception of coverage.

The Extended Service Contract is provided by Aston Martin Lagonda of North America Inc.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
My leather was not covered under the extended warranty.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:40 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Remember when you told me the clutch was covered too?

Not that you need one since it was already replaced, but, it's not covered.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Remember when you told me the clutch was covered too?

Not that you need one since it was already replaced, but, it's not covered.
The clutch is covered for mechanical failure. i.e. If the clutch somehow grenades itself due to a manufacturing defect. That doesn't happen, of course.

Normal wear is not covered.

http://cdntbs.astonmartin.com/sitefi...%20America.pdf

(Also note at the bottom that it does say paintwork and trim are not covered.)

Last edited by Mathman85; 02-10-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:44 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I assumed that from the outset, but Zet believed everything was covered. Wear items are never covered under any warranty I ever had.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I assumed that from the outset, but Zet believed everything was covered. Wear items are never covered under any warranty I ever had.
Not sure what you DD, but AutoZone's Duralast brake pads are warrantied for life including for wear. So when the pads wear down, you bring them in and they give you new ones. I'm sure they've determined that it's worth it to keep you loyal to their store. To my knowledge, this is the only normal wear part that is covered under warranty. (I use Duralast rear pads on my DD Honda, and used to use them front and rear on my SUV. One less thing to have to keep buying as they wear.)

Old 02-10-2017, 11:19 PM
My DD brakes squeal like crazy, unless it's wet out, and I don't think AZ make pads for it

I seem to be having trouble hotlinking pictures off my site. Does this board use the typical [img] [/img] image tags?

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 02-10-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:25 PM
Zet, I ordered a new upper panel from bits but I've forgotten how much I paid for it and I haven't taken the time to put it in yet, although the tech walked me thru the process and it seems simple enough. Check with Mr Corsa Red-pants when yours gets bad enough to replace. I've never seen one that was reglued that looked right [though that doesn't mean somebody out there can't do it right]

Old 02-11-2017, 09:25 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
haven't taken the time to put it in yet, although the tech walked me thru the process and it seems simple enough
Instructions for panel replacement can be found here
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...panel-out.html

Old 02-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Yup, that's exactly what he told me to do. Nice to have a refresher to look at though. Maybe someday when it's warm again I'll put it in.

What stopped me, in reality. The dealer I bought the car from used Griots 3in1 leather cleaner/conditioner on the dash. I was hoping it would burn off, I prefer it natural. But, it doesn't seem to be lightening any. So I either coat the panel before I put it in so it matches, or I put it in natural and pray someday it all matches.
Procrastination is key.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:53 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Procrastination is key.
And the longer you wait, the longer before your new panel fails. I need to order new panels for my 09 DB9, but I worry they too will come unglued two or three years after I replace them.

I primarily use my car for sunny weekend drives only, so the dash sees lots of sun when not stored in the garage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.