Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Tail light fitment: DB9 vs Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
Tail light fitment: DB9 vs Vantage

I'm looking to get some clear or smoked lights for my 09 Vantage V8.

I saw a thread from 2015 here where in one reply it was said that fitment was compatible between the DB9 and Vantage, and then in the same thread someone replied showing the part numbers were different and that proved compatibility was "self explanatory" so I didn't know what to conclude.

So asking again...are the p/n's strict between each model? Or can I swap lights and assume a reflash is involved to update for the lights?

Thanks

Old 02-19-2017, 07:45 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...Possibly go to www.redpant.lol this guy sells them so he would know the answer.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
The part numbers changed over the course of the cars' lifespans, so you'll see conflicting part numbers. But to answer your question, yes, they are *generally* compatible. Here's a cross-reference for some of the tail lights. There are others not listed on here, and some of these parts numbers are no longer used. But it does show a given set of tail lights should be compatible between the DB9 and V8 Vantage. This is just for the tail lights, does not include the third brake light.

Old 02-20-2017, 03:50 PM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
Thanks!

Old 02-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Only reason ppl say the newer lights will not cross over to the older models (like a 2009), is because you will need to also purchase the 3rd stud adapter. The old lights have 3 studs. The newer lights have 2 studs and the 3rd is a 2-way threaded bolt/adapter. To fit new lights on an older model, purchase lights and adapter kit...done deal. Just make sure to have them installed correctly, otherwise they will chafe on the 1/4panel and the lamp will split open(at seam), resulting in humidity/water entering and filling up the lamp assembly

Old 02-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Thanks! this is great advice. I've got a LH light ordered an on the way. Need to find a RH light now. I'll seek an adapter kit as well. I think I came across one somewhere recently.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:07 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Has anyone been able to identify where to purchase the adapter kit or what the part number is? Thanks

Old 04-02-2018, 07:14 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Redpants
I've got one or two sets in stock
awesome Rich, I am replacing only one light....I saw you sell the kit for 2, is there a way to order for just one?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.