Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How is the quicksilver sports exhaust?

Old 02-23-2017, 01:04 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
How is the quicksilver sports exhaust?

im getting a good deal on a new quick silver sports exhaust.

anyone have any experience?

How is it compared to stock?

Old 02-24-2017, 06:25 AM
MikeD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jateshk

The Supersport is completely different from stock. It's much, much louder, especially as you climb toward 3k rpm. My wife says it's offensive, but I love it. I have a DBS and it's still possible to drive it somewhat quietly at lower revs. I don't really know about the Sport

Last edited by MikeD; 02-24-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:34 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I haven't heard a 4.7l with stock exhaust but mine with quicksilver Super Sport sounds amazing.

I thought about straight piping in addition but even my exhaust fanatic buddy said the QS is so brutal that the pipes would be too much.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:56 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
I started out QS SuperSport with stock cats on my 07 V8V and it's sounded great! Loud at WOT but not over the top. Added 200 cell cats to QS SS and it was just a bit too loud. Wife complained it wakes baby up whenever it's started in the garage. Also, AMOC Lime Rock event won't allow that setup due to excessive decibels. That said, I miss the sound.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:58 AM
V12V will become famous soon enough
I had the Quicksilver SS on my 09 with stock cats. Sounded great not too loud. If you go with high flow cats it will be too loud.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !

Have our VelocityAP Touring, Sport and Supersport in stock if we can interest you. The Quicksilver Sport is not much louder than stock, it's equivalent to our 'Touring' which we typically pair with sport cats.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-24-2017, 09:08 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I was a bit disappointed when I got my Quicksilver Sport exhaust. It sounded great but not that much louder than stock. I was tempted to trade it in for the Super Sport but my service adviser convinced me to give it a chance to burn in. Sure enough after about 2,000 miles, they finally burnt in and now sound great on start up and when I am on the throttle!

My favorite thing about the Quicksilver Sport is that it is not loud when I am creeping along (e.g. 25 mph residential zone) and there is absolutely no drone when I am cruising along on the highway.

I am getting Velocity AP's 200 cell cats installed and I am looking forward to a more aggressive sound that I don't think will be too loud. It will be perfect.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by programmatore
I was a bit disappointed when I got my Quicksilver Sport exhaust. It sounded great but not that much louder than stock. I was tempted to trade it in for the Super Sport but my service adviser convinced me to give it a chance to burn in. Sure enough after about 2,000 miles, they finally burnt in and now sound great on start up and when I am on the throttle!

My favorite thing about the Quicksilver Sport is that it is not loud when I am creeping along (e.g. 25 mph residential zone) and there is absolutely no drone when I am cruising along on the highway.

I am getting Velocity AP's 200 cell cats installed and I am looking forward to a more aggressive sound that I don't think will be too loud. It will be perfect.
was worried about drone.

anyone is los angeles have qs sport?
i am looking for something a bit louder but not too loud. i think QS sport might be perfect for me.

Old 02-28-2017, 11:08 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
was worried about drone.

anyone is los angeles have qs sport?
i am looking for something a bit louder but not too loud. i think QS sport might be perfect for me.

I have only heard great things about the Velocity rear boxes. Definitely them and the QS are the best to go with. Stuart can likely send you or direct you to a video showing the loudness levels which may suit you well.

Velocity and Redpants actively participate on this forum and truly help members if there are issues. Never seen a QS representative on here helping or even bombing us with advertising. So, my push is for you to see if Stuart can help you.

I am currently wondering what Stuarts box would sound like on my DB9 with cat deletes. All postings refer to stock cats, or 200 cell cats and the rear box. I want louder or more pronounced under power, but don't want to **** off the neighbors with it any louder than it is.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:47 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
I have the QS Sport on my 2007 Vantage with the 4.3. It sounds great, louder than stock to not brutally so. I can still drive the car quietly if I want (why would I want to do that?) and as already mentioned there is no drone at all.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:02 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Do these exhausts fit properly, and not have any rattles?

Old 03-06-2017, 08:05 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rohnin
Do these exhausts fit properly, and not have any rattles?
Fit is perfect and no rattles whatsoever on mine.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:20 PM
thanks guys. ordered the exhast. Ordered the exhaust gaskets from redpants. Hopefully will install in the next few weeks.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:45 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911MTB
Fit is perfect and no rattles whatsoever on mine.
Thanks, also do you know if they fit the OEM black textured or carbon fiber tips?

Old 03-06-2017, 07:32 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
The tips fit fine as they are attached to the bodywork. Quick Silver exhaust is same diameters as stock and fits well.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.