Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Still Controversial but less so

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 05:01 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Still Controversial but less so

After some time I have decided that the mirror caps and hood mesh. painted an accent yellow, instead of balancing the car, was actually overpowering it.

I removed the yellow mirror caps and replaced them with the original Orient Blue. Instead of replacing the yellow hood mesh with the original version, I replaced them with the Magnum Silver hood mesh option.

Photograph of car below.

Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I like it.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Very nice color..The yellow grill ...Honestly not a fan maybe black or original chrome...I think being older just more conservative... Nice car

Old 04-09-2017, 08:43 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Aldv
Very nice color..The yellow grill ...Honestly not a fan maybe black or original chrome...I think being older just more conservative... Nice car

+1

It shows a little of the British wackiness, but I'm not a fan of the lipstick either.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:31 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blue2000s
+1

It shows a little of the British wackiness, but I'm not a fan of the lipstick either.
To be pedantic, that's not a lipstick treatment, it's just a painted grill shell.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Yellow and proud

Old 04-09-2017, 03:27 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
To be pedantic, that's not a lipstick treatment, it's just a painted grill shell.

Correct, that's why I said "either" in reference to the yellow grill or the lipstick.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:28 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Yellow and proud
These modifications or personalizing one cars seem to fall into two distinct categories.
The car looks tastefully personalized, or you have completely destroyed the cars design, and you should be taken out to the wood shed and flogged.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
My god...Funny...haha

Old 04-10-2017, 09:35 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I prefer the yellow V12 grill to the lipstick treatment (sorry Mathman!)

I don't think I have seen an 'orient blue' aston before, Looks awesome!

Old 04-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sonies
I prefer the yellow V12 grill to the lipstick treatment (sorry Mathman!)
@5:30:

Old 04-10-2017, 02:03 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I just said I liked one better than the other! I still love that color green + the lipstick! Its like I prefer Margot Robbie over Michelle Keegan

or is it the other way around... ah whatever!

When is the next car meet in Chicago?

Old 04-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Don't worry--I don't take offense. I still hear a lot of people talk **** about it at car shows.

There's a Cars & Coffee on April 23rd at 9am at Audi Hoffman Estates (if I can wake up early enough on a weekend to go to that one, I will, but chances are slim). The big one should be Supercar Saturday on May 6th, but they haven't officially announced it on their website, yet, which worries me. I expect that'll be at Bolingbrook Promenade, unless the organizers are tired of Mustangs doing burnouts while leaving and are retiring as a result.

Last edited by Mathman85; 04-10-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:22 PM
blech thats like an hour drive, maybe 45 with no traffic! On I-90 which is my least favorite road on earth! I gotta find something more local

Old 04-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Given the time, there will be no traffic. I drive much further for that show when it's in South Barrington, just because of the quality of product that attends. There's no other monthly show that attracts as many exotics, and it's one of two shows where there's an actual chance of seeing hypercars (there was a Koenigsegg CCXR at one of them last year, for example).

And are you really complaining about seat time in an Aston Martin???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.