Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Why has the Virage taken such a depsrication hit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 06:43 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I like it. I have never driven a DBS so my opinion is lacking full information, but I don't like all the extra little intake areas on the front bumper cover and I especially don't care for the side skirts. I find them distracting.

If I drove one I'd probably quickly forget about all that.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:04 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Virages are freaking gorgeous

sex on wheels

would like to be able to own one some day if I can't afford a manual DBS or V12V!

Old 04-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Springer is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with you about the "bumpers" beside the license plate - do not like - could never understand why they did that??

Old 04-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by W126C
let me know how that works out for you.

Regards,
Suspect you know too well how it will work out! Will keep throwing money at cars until all gone or I am gone!

Old 04-27-2017, 03:52 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
^^ if I wasn't married I'd have a fleet of sex on wheels cars. Each one of my kids cost me about three of them. Even so I'd still buy them except that my wife is smarter than me and wont allow it.

But Springer it looks like you have a true illness forcing you to buy expensive toys!

Old 04-27-2017, 06:51 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Springer
I agree with you about the "bumpers" beside the license plate - do not like - could never understand why they did that??
Apparently its for insurance reasons in the States...

http://jalopnik.com/heres-the-bugatt...bum-1794261027

Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by deckman
I like it. I have never driven a DBS so my opinion is lacking full information, but I don't like all the extra little intake areas on the front bumper cover and I especially don't care for the side skirts. I find them distracting.
This is EXACTLY why I love the DBS. The aggressive front bumpers, skirts, and rear diffuser make the car look so much meaner, while still somehow maintaining a surprisingly handsome and upscale look. I find it awesome how they were able to do it as a design. This is also why I don't like the bland and boring look of the pre-2013 DB9. 2013 was better (and aided by the new headlights), but the DBS is still better to me as a design.

Aside from the real benefits of the DBS like the carbon fiber body panels lol

Old 04-27-2017, 07:01 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ if I wasn't married I'd have a fleet of sex on wheels cars. Each one of my kids cost me about three of them. Even so I'd still buy them except that my wife is smarter than me and wont allow it.

But Springer it looks like you have a true illness forcing you to buy expensive toys!
Perhaps that why I'm not married and have no kids

Old 04-27-2017, 07:26 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Nobody can arbitrate personal taste. And it's just dumb to be negative about anybody else's taste, even if they are crazy

I like as few extreme elements as possible, and love clean fluid lines, and where the combination of those 2 meet is what gets me juicy. The Virage is a pretty car, FCKAM has had one for several months [just sold] and I looked it over a few times. It's not near as pretty as my V8, but others are allowed to think different, no matter how crazy they are!

Old 04-27-2017, 08:53 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sonies
Apparently its for insurance reasons in the States...

http://jalopnik.com/heres-the-bugatt...bum-1794261027
Not sure about that. DBS and 2nd gen DB9 don't have them.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:30 AM
I was at a local car gathering today in VA. There was a black DBS there. This was the first time in my life I have looked at one up close and examining. My impressions are the same, that I prefer the styling of the Vantage. I couldn't get over how long it looked to me. I don't know why that stood out so much, I've seen DB9's and they are the same size, right? I have seen the Rapide and while it didn't strike me as small, the length looked right. It could have been because there were so many other sports cars there and most were smaller. The DBS seemed big like an euro luxury car or an modern American muscle car.

Today I am going to look at the Virage that is for sale locally.

Unrelated but interesting, at least to me. There was an M4 GTS with a window sticker attached. MSRP was $132,000. I had never heard of a M4 GTS before so I looked it up. It was described as a track ready car. It makes 493 HP and weighs 3,300+ lbs. Does that seem heavy for a track ready car? I still can't get my head around that MSRP!

There was also a 2012 Fisker Karma there that was for sale for $55k. It's an interesting looking and rare to see car, but so big!! Tood bad the company failed. Henrick Fisker designed my car so I love him.

Last edited by deckman; 04-29-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:09 AM
Virage

Deckman: interested in knowing how you liked the Virage you are going to see today.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Sickness

^^ if I wasn't married I'd have a fleet of sex on wheels cars. Each one of my kids cost me about three of them. Even so I'd still buy them except that my wife is smarter than me and owont allow it.

It is true - I am a sick puppy! Hell, I can't take it with me.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm taking my wife there this afternoon and will report back!

Old 04-29-2017, 01:01 PM
I like my Virage more than I did my db9. It is most luxurious. The DBS I had was a great sports car but a little too hard core for me. The Virage is a true GT car - not made for the teach though. Enjoy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.