Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Why has the Virage taken such a depsrication hit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 03:48 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Karma lives, but not as Fisker

Deckman, Karma is not dead. It is being redeveloped for improved reliability and when introduced will be called Renova. Karma management recruited Kip Ewing out of Ford's Ford GT program to be their Chief Engineer. Kip, a Ford clay modeler and myself designed and engineered the carbon fiber splitter and Kamm tail on my Vantage coupe. Kip's sideline cottage industry tooled and made the parts. A few sets were made off the original tooling, although poorly made copies appear now and then.

Karma Renova has about 500 employees, most in California where the cars will be produced. The 80 heads here in Troy, MI are said to grow to 150, probably for safety, crash, emissions, etc. regulation certification. Said to be adequately funded, it is hard to imagine the success of this venture. Automotive production is hugely capitol and specially skilled people intensive over multiple years before a single revenue dollar is produced.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:23 PM
Springer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by sonies
Apparently its for insurance reasons in the States...

http://jalopnik.com/heres-the-bugatt...bum-1794261027
Thanks for the link! I will look into removing them on my Virage - if possible. Suspect it will not be as easy as on the Bugatti

Old 04-30-2017, 04:03 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Viper98912
My outside opinion - the Virage came out under a name and at a time where it was between the DB9, the DBS, the next Vanquish, and it was slated to somehow be between them and between years/changes. It was honestly kind of a "lost" vehicle. Then a year later Aston decided to ditch the trial name, added the duckbill trunk, and called it what it should have been called, The DB9.

Seeing that there are many Virage examples now in the $85-99k range (in the US), this is actually a pretty good deal seeing as the 1-year-newer DB9 is averaging $109-130k+.
*this guy knows what he's talking about.
id say the same.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:49 AM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Has anyone driven a 2012 Virage vs a 2013-2015 DB9? They look the same but do they handle, steer and drive the same?

Old 08-28-2017, 09:57 PM
alextse88 is an unknown quantity at this point
so before i purchased my 2012 Virage last year i drove several DB9's from 2013-2015... IMHO the only difference i noticed was the newer DB9's had a back up camera thats about it lol... so for the extra $30k-$50k for a newer DB9 i truly did not think was worth it. I found a very low mileage one owner Virage & have been extremely happy with the purchase.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:12 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Just a Backup camera? There's got to be a difference in engine or 0-60 speed or suspension?

Old 08-29-2017, 03:49 PM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
The HP differs slightly. 490hp on Virage and 510hp on 2013-2015 DB9.
The trunk is different on the Virage than on the 2013-2015 DB9.
The interior has 'Virage' stitched in a few spots.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:50 PM
alextse88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by powerbeautysoulAM
Just a Backup camera? There's got to be a difference in engine or 0-60 speed or suspension?
there are a few more differences as you mention however nothing that justified a $30k-$50k+ price for my taste

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.