Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Hello from SoCal (OC)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 06:01 PM
Gimethemtoes is on a distinguished road
Hello from SoCal (OC)

Hey guys!

First time poster long time creeper here...

Got my first AM car and I love it! 07 (stick) bought it 1yr ago with 11k miles on it, now she has 17k (I like to drive) . The car looks way way better in person... When I first saw the pics I wasn't really too excited about it until I went and checked it out in person (So sexy).

I was alittle worried about fitting in at first since I'm 6'5... Jumped in moved the seat some and everything was perfect. Did the test drive and bought it on the spot no regrets

I ordered some new doors struts and been shopping around to get them installed. So far the shops want $400-500+ to install... I might just do it myself. If any of you guys in the area with experience doing this and wanna get nimble let me know!

Also on my windshield in the little window where the VIN is located I noticed alot of condensation buildup after washing the car (showed up for the first time in a yr). Its been there for a whole week now not getting any better (See pic). I have no idea how to fix it...

First thing I did was replace the stock antenna with one from the mini. Then one day I got bored and pulled-out the front grille then plasti-dip it myself. It came out looking way better than I thought. Also dipped the wheels .

I haven't seen many AM's down this side. If you are in SoCal and wanna go for a scenic run one weekend let me know!

Old 05-01-2017, 07:56 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Welcome to the forum, glad you posted! The wet spot in front of the VIN is an oddly specific shape. Might be some kind of residue or film?

Old 05-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Nice Vantage, I like your color and year. My first Vantage was a 2007 stick as well.
It looks like you have the power pack on your car (black intake manifold). I installed that on my car as well. I am in Oxnard, I bought my Aston Martin's at Galpin. Were did you purchase yours?
Ron

Old 05-01-2017, 09:41 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Hello fellow tall person!

Old 05-01-2017, 11:04 AM
ab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like you might be in/near Aliso Viejo (judging from the gas station/Canes pic)?

I'm close to organize some Aston SoCal drives/get togethers. Bridging various groups in LA / SD areas currently.

I did the door struts myself. Pretty easy for the most part once you get the hang of the little clips on the ends.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Thank you Mr. Pants!

Yes I'm still trying to figure out whats happening here
Its all on the inside in that one spot, maybe I should just let the car sit in the sun for some hmmm...

Originally Posted by Redpants
Welcome to the forum, glad you posted! The wet spot in front of the VIN is an oddly specific shape. Might be some kind of residue or film?

Old 05-01-2017, 11:31 AM
Hey Ron,

Thanks! Yeah I didn't even noticed the power pack until a few weeks after purchase (I know I should of popped the hood on inspection).

I bought the car off the internets from some VP of industries... Based on the history, it has been serviced at Galpin a few times. hmm was this yours?

Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Nice Vantage, I like your color and year. My first Vantage was a 2007 stick as well.
It looks like you have the power pack on your car (black intake manifold). I installed that on my car as well. I am in Oxnard, I bought my Aston Martin's at Galpin. Were did you purchase yours?
Ron

Old 05-01-2017, 11:33 AM
Hello, my good sir!

Originally Posted by sonies
Hello fellow tall person!

Old 05-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Hey ab_

Yeah I'm in Aliso Viejo

That AM meetup sounds good, keep me posted!

For the doors, did you follow some kinda step by step guide or something? I have no idea where to start... I'll search for some vids on this.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by ab_aston
Looks like you might be in/near Aliso Viejo (judging from the gas station/Canes pic)?

I'm close to organize some Aston SoCal drives/get togethers. Bridging various groups in LA / SD areas currently.

I did the door struts myself. Pretty easy for the most part once you get the hang of the little clips on the ends.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:51 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gimethemtoes
Hey ab_

For the doors, did you follow some kinda step by step guide or something? I have no idea where to start... I'll search for some vids on this.
Here you go:
http://www.redpants.lol/door-strut-replacement/

Old 05-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Cool thanks!

Originally Posted by Redpants

Old 05-01-2017, 12:26 PM
ab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of light
Gimethemtoes,

Also, Door strut guides are listed in the FAQ:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...questions.html

I'm in MV, so if you want to tackle this yourself I'd be happy to stop by and give my expert advice (LOL, I've done it once).

Old 05-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Sounds good! I might need your help on this for sure.
I'll checkout those links too.

Thanks,
Originally Posted by ab_aston
Gimethemtoes,

Also, Door strut guides are listed in the FAQ:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...questions.html

I'm in MV, so if you want to tackle this yourself I'd be happy to stop by and give my expert advice (LOL, I've done it once).

Old 05-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gimethemtoes
Hey Ron,

Thanks! Yeah I didn't even noticed the power pack until a few weeks after purchase (I know I should of popped the hood on inspection).

I bought the car off the internets from some VP of industries... Based on the history, it has been serviced at Galpin a few times. hmm was this yours?
No mine was Merlot. Photos attached. I also had the Aston martin Sport exhaust as well. There are also some good after market systems out there.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior_2.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	475473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	475482  
Attached Images     

Last edited by Ron Avery; 05-01-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Wow beautiful! Very clean, I love the new steering wheel in that last pic.
I have a list if things i'd like to get. The list just keeps growing .

I have a brand new fead drive belt sitting here that I'm thinking if I should even attempt to install myself

The car use to make this squeaking noise on startup. Back then I was living right on the beach... I then moved and now that sound is %100 gone (maybe it was the sea air?). This is why my belt haven't been installed yet. not sure if I need it now.

Originally Posted by Ron Avery
No mine was Merlot. Photos attached. I also had the Aston martin Sport exhaust as well. There are also some good after market systems out there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.