Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Another one hits BaT.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 03:43 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Some are lightly driven in winter, like the 330 I mentioned. I drove the 323 in winter for the 5 years I owned it. The current owner hasn't driven it in winter. It's funny because it seems like some cars are just demolished by the winter and others just shrug it off. We just sold our 2000 BMW 528 that we owned for 14 years. It had only 111k miles on it but it was driven every winter and sat outside every summer and 12 winters. Still looked like new.

I noticed there's someone in my little town that got a DB9 last fall and drove it all winter. I don't drive my Vantage in winter.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:11 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I am really curious how mine looks underneath now that's it's been thru a winter, a light one for Jersey, but it was still winter. But, when I had an airbox put in last week at FCKAM they would not let me in the shop. I've never serviced my previous cars at dealers that wouldn't let me wander back and check my car out thoroughly when it was on the lift, but, not at FCKAM [in fact the tech told me he would get yelled at if I was caught in the shop at all]. And, there's no way to get into the shop like at most dealers, you have to go back thru the offices. Bottom line I'm going to have to stop over Nissan and pay them to put it on the drive on lift just so I can inspect what the winder did.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:31 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
License plate has been attached with zip ties. Must be a Canadian thing?

Old 05-22-2017, 02:27 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
wow, sold for $26k.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Wow. I'm blown away.. Can't believe a Vantage sold that cheap.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
That's a lot for a parts car.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:25 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
100k is no big deal unless beat. One needs only to asses driveline slop to determine that. Just turned 100k (will post report soon) and have original clutch and have only changed oil tires, and a few little things here and there not totaling many $. (front rotors only once) I drive conservatively though and can count the number of times I've hit the rev limiter on one hand. I would never consider tracking any stock Vantage or even one slightly modified and would never want to drive a track ready car on the street. If one has had seat time in a dedicated car you know already the issues. Would one where Eric Heiden's skates on a farm pond ? Some would and that is great, but not for me.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Tremelune is on a distinguished road
It's not like this example had 100k miles worth of records detailing the parts used and intervals gone...Some visible blemishes, lots of unknowns. If the new owner puts $10k into it in the right places, he'll probably wind up with a $35k car that's ready to go the distance. If he puts $20k into it...still a $35k car. I think that was a pretty fair price.

You can find clean, low-mile examples for $40-50k all day, and they're not poised to appreciate any time soon.

Most people are terrified of these cars due to the reputation of (literally) every other Aston Martin that was designed and built before it. The V8 Vantage is the first of them that doesn't just drop gold coins on the ground when you hit a bump.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:22 PM
Dustan is on a distinguished road
2 more Astons on bring a trailer right now

Old 05-24-2017, 08:40 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dustan
2 more Astons on bring a trailer right now
that 02 Vanquish loooove it

Old 05-24-2017, 08:31 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
How does BaT work? It is just like eBay? Has anyone bought from it? The site looks pretty sketchy...

Old 05-25-2017, 06:50 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lilo1980
How does BaT work? It is just like eBay? Has anyone bought from it? The site looks pretty sketchy...
it is not sketch, been around for quite a while.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:30 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lilo1980
It is like ebay, but the company will pretty much force a reserve price on you to make sure the car is sold, so they can get their commission.

When I was selling my car I tried to negotiate with them on the reserve and they wouldn't go above 43k, I ended up trading it in for 47k.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:56 AM
Tremelune is on a distinguished road
It's effectively en eBay auction that people can comment on and is filtered for, like, sane sellers and cars that aren't part of the 90% of boring ones out there.

You pay $100 for a week-long auction, give them photos and a description, and that's about it.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:30 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
That vantage was for sale in Canada for a very long time, over a year i think. So was the easies way to get rif of his vantage. 26k USD is low 30 is Cad right now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.