Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DVD Navigation Discs - Volvo Direct?

Old 02-17-2018, 05:37 PM
NCVantage is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the one I bought:

Volvo VNS HDD 2015 - 2016 Navigation Map Update DVD (MMM+) North America

I believe when I was looking I looked for disks compatible with XC90 from year of my car (2009 V8V).

Old 02-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you. Good deal only $26.00

Old 02-20-2018, 11:27 AM
BTW how do you know what version is currently installed?

Old 02-20-2018, 06:37 PM
Humm..I don't see it listed anywhere in the settings menu anywhere. Not sure other than ejecting the current disk and looking at it.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:20 AM
I received my disc and interesting enough there's no date on it so I don't know for sure I received the correct one. Not the first time I've been scammed on eBay. I'm going to install tomorrow if weather permits.
The vendor did send me instructions via email but I have the manual and will work off that

Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by NCVantage
This is the one I bought:

Volvo VNS HDD 2015 - 2016 Navigation Map Update DVD (MMM+) North America

I believe when I was looking I looked for disks compatible with XC90 from year of my car (2009 V8V).
Went down this morning to install update and my convertible top won't open. I assume temperature is too cold? It's 34 deg. I get the error message roof movement inhibited or something to that effect.
Since you have the same model and year car I'm wondering if you had this issue?

Old 03-02-2018, 05:05 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...I purchased the Volvo disk and installed in my 09 nav...it took almost 4 hours to update. The only problem I had was after an hour or so the car turned off...so I had to go down into the garage and reset the fob...

I tested using an address that would not work prior and now works...

But I was WRONG...others were correct. You must keep the new disc in for the nav to work. I removed and the nav told me...no way...put a disk in stupid. Lol

It was very cheap to buy...$ 29.00 included freight on eBay...

Safe driving

Old 03-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up on how long it will take. I need to have my battery checked out and possibly replaced. Then I'll do this upgrade.

Has anybody upgraded navigation while driving? If you don't need to use the nav and go for a four hour joy ride, it's better than hanging around the house.

Old 03-05-2018, 01:15 PM
AWV12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Denver V8V
Thanks for the heads up on how long it will take. I need to have my battery checked out and possibly replaced. Then I'll do this upgrade.

Has anybody upgraded navigation while driving? If you don't need to use the nav and go for a four hour joy ride, it's better than hanging around the house.
Yep, it will update during driving. And when you stop when it is not completely finished, it will resume on the next trip. The estimated time remaining in the beginning is far from correct, mostly it will be done in 2,5-3 hours (with EU maps, probably different in other areas with different size of maps).

Old 03-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by AWV12
Yep, it will update during driving. And when you stop when it is not completely finished, it will resume on the next trip. The estimated time remaining in the beginning is far from correct, mostly it will be done in 2,5-3 hours (with EU maps, probably different in other areas with different size of maps).
Cool. That's much better than sitting around and waiting. Thanks for the info

Old 03-05-2018, 01:44 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi---on my Volvo disc when it came up on the Nav screen it stated 210 minutes required for updating for the United States disc. When I found the car turns off every hour even with the Fob in it closer to 4 hours or 240 minutes... my car is an 09 Vantage with the HD drive...

I kept the car on my battery maintenance charger the whole time.

Driving the car sounds like more fun but the weather stinks in New Jersey lately...

Safe Driving...

Old 03-10-2018, 03:18 PM
Finally started updating the Nav. After getting the new battery and top function again, I was able to get to the navigation box. So here's a mystery: Per instructions in the manual, open navigation box and insert DVD. Why isn't there a DVD inside that ejects? What have I been successfully navigating with, if there wasn't an existing DVD that should have ejected?
I followed the instructions (which state 90 minutes) and the nav screen showed the start of the update (210 minutes). I went for a nice drive and have 110 minutes left until completion.
Back to the mystery, if the DVD must be in the box, how was the navigation functioning? Unless it holds multiple discs. I don't know. Anyone experience the same situation?

Old 03-10-2018, 04:11 PM
I believe it's a hard drive system so the base system is on the HD. The disk is required for updates. Now why it doesn't copy the update to the HD, not sure. Maybe not enough free space.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Well as luck would have it, it loaded 50% and with 110 minutes to go I get an error message that it can't read the disc. I ejected it, cleaned it, reinstalled and received same message. It is a used disc so I've asked the eBay seller to exchange or refund. We'll see what happens.
Makes sense that factory settings are in a hard drive.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Hi Denver V8V...I am sorry to hear. Yea...it takes awhile to load. Shame you must get another disc...

Good luck
​​​

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DVD Navigation Discs - Volvo Direct?