Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DVD Navigation Discs - Volvo Direct?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 12:09 PM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally updated Navigation, seller sent me another one and it finished the job. All set for this season.

Old 05-06-2023, 07:08 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Denver V8V
Well as luck would have it, it loaded 50% and with 110 minutes to go I get an error message that it can't read the disc. I ejected it, cleaned it, reinstalled and received same message. It is a used disc so I've asked the eBay seller to exchange or refund. We'll see what happens.
Makes sense that factory settings are in a hard drive.
I am having the same issue where the unit can't read the DVD after it started uploading...

And when I try and restart the Nav without the DVD in...

Were you using a Aston Martin DVD update? Or a Volvo one?
I asked the (ebay) seller for a replacement disk, we shall see...

Old 05-08-2023, 12:09 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Aston502
Can anyone tell me the year of the most current Volvo discs and what model Volvo I should look for on Ebay. Thanks
+1

I believe I have the 2010 disc installed in my 2007 Vantage. (Volvo xc90) Does anyone know if that year is the latest available.?

Old 05-08-2023, 12:11 PM
EJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond reputeEJ_Rapide has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the latest available update 2015-2016 from Volvo is 31427789 1520.
At least that's what I bought for my 2010 Rapide.

Old 05-08-2023, 12:28 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I downloaded a file and burned it to a DVD ... did this about 2018... all works great but I never use it.

Old 05-10-2023, 05:13 PM
User 32124 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had the exact same issue you're showing. Searched all over the volvo forums and couldn't find what can abort this procedure from restarting every single time the car is turned on. Please update if you do!

Originally Posted by EJ_Rapide
I am having the same issue where the unit can't read the DVD after it started uploading...

And when I try and restart the Nav without the DVD in...

Were you using a Aston Martin DVD update? Or a Volvo one?
I asked the (ebay) seller for a replacement disk, we shall see...

Old 05-10-2023, 05:35 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure you get the correct version from Volvo. Its for older models like S40, V50 C70 models from 2008 to 2012 or so... That is the vintage of the equipment in the older cars...As I recall my update4 was 2017 for when I installed it in 2018. Not sure if they have newer map updates.

As I recall, you must have a bootable disk in the drive to use the screen. However, the nav is totally worthless, so perhaps you just never start it up.

Old 05-11-2023, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by MRCW
Make sure you get the correct version from Volvo. Its for older models like S40, V50 C70 models from 2008 to 2012 or so... That is the vintage of the equipment in the older cars...As I recall my update4 was 2017 for when I installed it in 2018. Not sure if they have newer map updates.

As I recall, you must have a bootable disk in the drive to use the screen. However, the nav is totally worthless, so perhaps you just never start it up.
At this point I'd be happy if I could get it to never start up, but thats part of the problem - it pops up everytime the car starts, trying to finish its "update". If you hit the back button quick enough, you can stop it, but then it restarts again the next time you start up.

Old 05-11-2023, 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by Khiladi1020
At this point I'd be happy if I could get it to never start up, but thats part of the problem - it pops up everytime the car starts, trying to finish its "update". If you hit the back button quick enough, you can stop it, but then it restarts again the next time you start up.
I think the Nav screen pops up automatically unless you switch it off before you turn off car. Do you have the disk that came with the car?

Old 05-12-2023, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by MRCW
I think the Nav screen pops up automatically unless you switch it off before you turn off car. Do you have the disk that came with the car?
Yeah it used to do that. But once I attempted this upgrade process that now stalls, it pops up all the time regardless of when I get it to stop and shut down. Car didn't come with a disc before, and yet somehow never had a problem. Should have left well enough alone. (even if it wasn't really "well enough" to begin with, lol).