Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New AM Indy Service Shop - Atlanta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 06:34 PM
GA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud ofGA_DB9 has much to be proud of
It was a shame when he closed up shop. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable. If you find shop besides the dealer, make sure you post here. I was planning on doing my own yearly service, but it would be nice to have someone to use if something bigger came up.

Old 11-28-2019, 09:46 PM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know what happened to Jason? Is he still in the area? It is about time for my annual service and I would certainly prefer to use Jason vs. the dealer. The closing of Pannell Motorcars is a big loss to the Aston and Lotus fans here. Hope he and his family are OK. Any recommendations for a quality independent shop in the metro Atlanta area would be welcomed.

Old 12-08-2019, 07:45 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys, I've had my 2012 Aston V8VS for about three years now in Atlanta and have been servicing it with Select Luxury in Marietta (www.selectluxury.com) with good success. Brian Trochelmann was the service and parts director at Motorcars of Georgia and then left about five years ago to launch the service department at Select Luxury. I just found out Brian has moved onto another business recently, but will still likely service my car at Select Luxury - they have a couple of technicians that came from Motorcars of Georgia, and the service on my Aston has generally been done right the first time for a fair price (I think the hourly rate is $145).

There's also Merlin Auto Group (www.merlinautogroup.com) which specializes in Ferrari but also services Aston Martin among other exotic Euro imports. I've been to a couple of their tech sessions and they seem like an honest team and have a clean workshop with impressive cars any day of the week. I've never used them but would consider it if I find myself looking for alternatives in the future.

Old 01-30-2020, 02:35 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Reviving this thread because I may have found a good source for routine maintenance in the north Atlanta suburbs. I have been a Porsche turbo person for 30 years, but recently took the plunge and traded my 2008 997 turbo for a 2011 DBS Volante. Absolutely love the car, but I was concerned about routine maintenance. I thought Pannell would be the answer, and was disappointed when I learned that he had closed his shop. I had a nice talk with the indie who had maintained my Porsche - Sean Freed who owns Freed Performance in Cumming Georgia. Although he specializes in german cars, he told me that he also has worked on AMs and specifically a DBS for another client. He works with Stuart at VAP, and sells/installs VAP products.
In order to get a good baseline on my AM, I had Sean replace all fluids (oil, transmission fluid, differential gear oil, power steering fluid, coolant and brake flush) as well as filters. I am very satisfied with his work, and the car runs beautifully. So, I seem to have found an alternative to the Atlanta dealer, about whom I have heard mixed reviews. Freed Performance is located about a half mile east of GA 400 exit 13.
I hope this may help some of you in the north Atlanta area.

Old 01-30-2020, 06:33 PM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
That is good to know! And right up the road from Alan Kidson's shop - German Car Repair - who works on my old BMWs. So I'm very familiar with the neighborhood. Time for my annual service, so Sean may be my next call. Thanks for the tip!

Old 01-31-2020, 05:35 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Thank you! I have reached out to FREED to set an appointment for my V8VS