Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Opinions from Vanquish owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 04:23 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Opinions from Vanquish owners

I really love the looks of the Vanquish from pictures. I don't think I have ever seen one in person. For those of you who own one or have driven one, what is your opinion? How do they compare to other Aston's?

I am considering purchasing one later this year as they can be had in the $150-60 range now. While that is still a sh*t ton of money to me, it is attainable.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:59 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Vanquish Mk2 > DBS > Vanquish Mk1 > DB9 Mk1.5

No clue where Vantage fits in the above equation.
Biggest improvement of Vnq Mk2 is more front leg room over previous Gaydon platforms.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:51 PM
barryf43 is on a distinguished road
I've owned my 2015 Vanquish for over a year. I think that this car is the most beautiful Aston currently available, even compared to the DB11. It is a great combination of power, performance, and beautiful design, inside and out. The sound of the normally aspirated V12 is awesome. It brings a grin to my face every time I fire it up.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:19 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Really different cars

'16 Vanquish -6L NA V12. Great mass, outstanding interior materials/execution. Rich looking, especially in dark colors. A wealthy man's car. $300K, and more on window sticker.

'16 DB11 -5.2L Turboed V12. Lighter, more lively looking. More contemporary design, inside and out. Too much styling, especially the interior in my opinion. Less expensive, but well over $200K on sticker.

Saw both on the same showroom floor in Sarasota this past spring. I would be surprised if they could be bought for the same money.

If you want to make an impression, Vanquish is the way to go.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:22 AM
SpongeBob is an unknown quantity at this point
After researching the various AM models for several months, I acquired in May a '16 Vanquish. For me, it checks all of the boxes and captures the essence of AM: style, sound, and speed. I wanted a car with "soul" and this one has it like no other. It looks amazing from any angle, sounds incredible both inside and out thanks to a fabulous normally-aspirated V12 and will put a grin on your face every time you punch the accelerator. You won't be disappointed by going with a Vanquish...in fact, you will experience a pleasure that you have never known before each and every time you fire up the engine. We are all but mere mortals and our time here is limited so if the bank account can support it, I would go for it. Best of luck in your quest.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:39 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
You'll have a hard time finding a better Aston than a Vanquish, seen a few in person on the street and they are stunning, what a presence, and that sound... just fantastic

Old 07-13-2017, 01:12 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I'm going to find one and see for myself. Now I just need to put about $50k into a slush fund my wife doesn't know about!

Old 07-14-2017, 05:47 AM
SpongeBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by deckman
I'm going to find one and see for myself. Now I just need to put about $50k into a slush fund my wife doesn't know about!
Good luck! Please keep us posted on your search and let us know how we can help.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:35 AM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
I have a 2011 V12-Vantage and have been toying with the idea of trading it in for a Vanquish. I spoke with the GM at my local dealership. His take was that the V12V is much sportier; manual transmission, smaller, more responsive than the Vanquish. He says the Vanquish is absolutely an amazing car, one of the top GT cars ever built but if you want a sports car, stick with the V12V.

Like any other decision, it comes down to your preference and what you experience you want. For now, I'm sticking with the V12V but agree that the Vanquish experience > DB11.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.