Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Radio cuts out after taking dash out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 01:05 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
I finally found out that the AM FM Tuner is in the trunk, anyone know where it is in a volante's trunk?

Old 07-28-2017, 02:10 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Its not really in the trunk, more like the right wheel arch. Access is like a CRM only on the other side. There you will find the "stack" of components mounted to the base plate.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Its not really in the trunk, more like the right wheel arch. Access is like a CRM only on the other side. There you will find the "stack" of components mounted to the base plate.
Thank you, you saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:24 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey ...H-O....my Bluetooth always mates with my phone. I have never had to reset syn since setup..maybe your unit is going bad...
evening

Old 07-29-2017, 11:00 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It's quite possible it might be my phone, but it has no problem with my home base station. I asked 2 different techs and they both said the same thing, BT is not that reliable. Congrats on yours though

Old 11-11-2017, 09:45 PM
So I replaced the ICM and had it programmed and still nothing, checked the MOST at all the modules and I see the red light and hooked up a loopback and still nothing. ICM was replaced because the tinting was bubbling up and was getting hard to read. Running out of ideas, the only link I can find between the cluster and the infotainment system is the low speed CAN, but I cannot see where that would cause the radio to cutoff and on. Just totally fed up with the car right now.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:25 PM
phone is sync'd with the bluetooth and according to the bluetooth manual the speakers are activated by the amplifier, does anyone know where that is on a Volante?
Manual says the boot, but I could not find it, could it be with the sub in the backseat area?

Old 11-14-2017, 08:26 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
It's there, just have to remove the carpet panel. Pull the amplifier and open it up you may see a thermal event has occurred on the main board.

Old 11-15-2017, 12:05 PM
Who puts a heat sensitive component outside of the cab?

Found it thanks, saw it earlier, but when it said Volante only on the outside, I assumed it was somehow connected to the roof mechanism.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:55 PM
Took me forever to track down the issue, but I finally found it. One of the previous owners added a rear camera and whoever installed it spliced into the radio power wire and added a 15amp fuse in a really bad way. They had cut power wire and instead adding an inline fuse, rigged the fuse by using two female clips, and did not protect the wires, well they corroded through and this was done right under the center console and I must have broken the wires when I was taking the center console out. I just disconnected the camera wires and soldered the wires back together.

Word to the wise, if you add something to your car by someone else, make sure you check their work and don't end up like I did.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.