Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How Often Do You Check Engine Oil Level?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 10:34 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Glad you started this thread, not like I ever think about checking oil levels. But you can be sure I will now!

Old 07-24-2017, 02:52 PM
SpongeBob is an unknown quantity at this point
My pleasure. Glad it was helpful for us both!

Old 07-26-2017, 01:37 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Never.

I haven't checked my oil for 20 years, I'm used to having it changed every 3000 miles. And it's not like the attendant at the service station asks anymore

So, thanks to this thread I checked, and yes, I was a little over 2 quarts down. 7000 miles. Ooops! Threw 2 in and it's 1/2" from Max, but this 10,000/once a year thing isn't often enough IMO. That oil was too dirty for me. I have to be in to have a scan done Wednesday so I'll have them change it.
Glad you checked..

2 quarts is a lot!

Just wondering, since you have a dry sump in your vantage, did you do the 30 sec run/ 30 sec waiting period before checking?
Not that you overfilled the dry sump reservoir with the 2 qt.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:57 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Run 20, wait 30. There was no oil on the stick. Good thing it's takes 10 quarts to begin with. But again, still way too dirty after 7000 miles. It'll be changed Friday [appointment got bumped]

Old 07-26-2017, 10:23 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
I check my oil every month along with tire pressure (disconnected TPMS years ago) have never added oil but add air on occasions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.