Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 07:25 PM
EDiddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Good evening,

Took the car today from the dealership to Azael.
I got a great impresion from them. Honest and proffesional, so I hope it all works out well. .
Like you say, looking forward to enjoying the car again!

I told them about redpants. They didnt know it.

Thank you Stuart. Ill tell them to contact you for the pieces too!!

All the best!

Old 07-26-2017, 07:19 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by EDiddy
Guys thank you for your incredible help!!

Im picking up the car tomorrow and taking it to Azael!
Then I will buy the pieces in redpants!

Im very grateful and I will let you know how things go!

This is my first Aston Martin in Miami. I owned a Vantage in Spain.. and yes, I think the sellerwas not truly honest about the condition of the car.

Overall the car interior and exterior looks great! Ill send you some pics when It comes out nice and repaired

Thank you once again!
Honestly if the outside and inside are near perfect---- then likely what you are running into is a case of poor maintenance done by at least the most recent owner and possibly by the one or two before them.

1. Transmission cooling lines are #1 typically normal problem on all early DB9s. There is a fix and most units were repaired under warranty, however some slipped by. Sounds like that was your first issue.

2. Brake fluid flush---- very normal for people to skip out on this, kinda if they work why do I need to flush it. But, on these cars it all works the same, theres no magic to it but people tend to get this done with oil change at yearly service. Dealers throw that in as part of the annual service price so they can justify that price, and maybe talk the people into brake jobs.

3. Several owners have turned their rotors ever so slightly to smooth things out. Rather than replace them at a high cost. This and new pads (porterfield) will stop any shimmy and likely noise. Numerous owners have complained about noise on NON ceramic systems and have come up with a ton of ideas to try and stop it. I had one on a rear caliper, where I had to drag the parking brake for 1/4 at a slow speed to stop it. Then for that day it never came back.

4. For peace of mind----get all fluids changed out. Oil, coolant, brake, rear differential, transmission fluid. This will help you relax and not worry as much.

5. Coil packs (12 of them). This is a very common part to go out on the V12s. Most have had at least one set replaced before now if yours is a 2005. But maybe not and now its time. Mine was done 5k miles ago in 2013 and is just fine now.

I don't think I left anything off this list of commons problems and common issues and normal maintenance. Once sorted out, yours should be a pretty reliable car and fun to drive.

Hope this helps a bit with understanding what might or might not be going on. You will soon know for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.