Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Finally got an Aston!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 08:07 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Hey Mike, I remember reading your thread a looong time ago about being a fellow tall person and asking if you fit in a vantage, you wound up with the porsche, glad you finally made the move! It certainly got me more interested in the vantage and I eventually bought one 8 or so months ago.

That brake squeak takes forever to go away, took me a dual application of BG stop squeal by the dealer and like 1800 miles for it to finally go away, and even then its still not fully gone, not until I go fast and slam on the brakes once

I agree on the exhaust, I have a 2010.5 and want mine much louder... it gets loud when you step on it but its pretty quiet otherwise, I definitely love revving it when under an underpass or in a tunnel sounds amazing

I was looking at fabspeed secondary cat straight pipes but unsure if they will work on my ride as they changed something around my model year with the exhaust

Old 07-28-2017, 08:08 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by powerbeautysoulAM
Is this rare light condensation common on the DBS also or just the Vantages?
its common on all Astons

Old 07-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulation to the new car and upcoming baby!!

You picked the correct transmission and color sir!
Lightning Silver is a stunning color.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:03 AM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
So it looks like the 2011+ 4.7 cars have cats in the headers, so you can do cat deletes on the secondary set down pipe and not have any CEL issues? It's not a huge issue, my 360 with cat deletes and Tubi often gets a cel from no cats and I just ignore it (check it time to time with a scanner).

Is the oem sports muffler a good option with cat deletes? How much more volume will I get with cat deletes and the sport muffler? I'd prefer not to buy an aftermarket muffler as well unless it's needed to really weaken up the sound. I don't want it to be obnoxious, but like I said this car oem with just sports muffler is pretty quiet, much quieter than my xfr with spires mufflers and oem cats still and 360.

Thanks for feedback regarding the cat deletes.

On another note, I did a brake bed in and that helped about 85%+ of the brake noise for now, so that's good.

Last edited by MikeR397; 07-29-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:42 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MikeR397
So it looks like the 2011+ 4.7 cars have cats in the headers, so you can do cat deletes on the secondary set down pipe and not have any CEL issues? It's not a huge issue, my 360 with cat deletes and Tubi often gets a cel from no cats and I just ignore it (check it time to time with a scanner).

Is the oem sports muffler a good option with cat deletes? How much more volume will I get with cat deletes and the sport muffler? I'd prefer not to buy an aftermarket muffler as well unless it's needed to really weaken up the sound. I don't want it to be obnoxious, but like I said this car oem with just sports muffler is pretty quiet, much quieter than my xfr with spires mufflers and oem cats still and 360.

Thanks for feedback regarding the cat deletes.

On another note, I did a brake bed in and that helped about 85%+ of the brake noise for now, so that's good.

Hi

Yea the CAT delete pipes replace the Secondary CATs. These only activate in very special circumstances, replacing them with our Delete pipes doesn't throw any check engine lights.

They work great with the sports muffler, they are a bolt on fit.

They produce more volume a crisper note and genuinely improve throttle response.

If you wanted to know more give us a call https://quicksilverexhausts.store/pages/dealer-locator and we can talk further.

Last edited by QuickSilver X; 07-31-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:57 AM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
I'm going to do cat deletes one way or another, either Fabspeed X pipe or Quicksilver's delete pipes look like two great options.

If I do Fabspeeds X pipe now and see how it goes, can I then swap Quicksilver's supersport+ muffler for my oem sport muffler still as a bolt on?

How would replacing the oem sports muffler with something like Quicksilver's SuperSport+ muffler add to the volume? I think the note is pretty perfect with cat delete, so past that I (might, hopefully it's loud enough for me with just the cat delete) would just be interested in getting more volume, particularlly at lower RPM's as well, below 3k RPM I want to hear the motor more cruising. Not obnoxious, but I can't hear the car at all, windows down or up, under ~3k rpm cruising slow, and this is with Fuse 15 pulled.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Right on!!! That's a hell of a long time to wait before pulling the trigger!

Happy to talk exhaust stuff with you. I have been doing this for 10 years on the Astons now and have been through the selection process with literally hundreds of owners to find the correct combination for them, and the right value for money.

Drop us a line any time.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
I'm going to do cat deletes one way or another, either Fabspeed X pipe or Quicksilver's delete pipes look like two great options.

If I do Fabspeeds X pipe now and see how it goes, can I then swap Quicksilver's supersport+ muffler for my oem sport muffler still as a bolt on?

How would replacing the oem sports muffler with something like Quicksilver's SuperSport+ muffler add to the volume? I think the note is pretty perfect with cat delete, so past that I (might, hopefully it's loud enough for me with just the cat delete) would just be interested in getting more volume, particularlly at lower RPM's as well, below 3k RPM I want to hear the motor more cruising. Not obnoxious, but I can't hear the car at all, windows down or up, under ~3k rpm cruising slow, and this is with Fuse 15 pulled.

---------------------------------------------

Hi

Here are a few videos to give you an idea of the sound of the Super Sport Plus:

Comparison of Sport, Super Sport and Super Sport Plus:

Interior Super Sports Plus Video:

Old 08-01-2017, 10:37 AM
any of you exhaust experts know which system is needed for the 2010.5 vantage to bypass the cats? Seeing differing information out there, some say the 2011+ cat bypass pipes system will work, some say the 2010 and earlier system will only work :/

is there an easy way to tell

Old 08-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sonies
any of you exhaust experts know which system is needed for the 2010.5 vantage to bypass the cats? Seeing differing information out there, some say the 2011+ cat bypass pipes system will work, some say the 2010 and earlier system will only work :/

is there an easy way to tell
can you take a picture of your cats?

Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 AM
I'll try later

Old 08-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Basic Sponsor

If you're interested in a solution for both, our exhaust systems have an XPipe inside the muffler, so with our cat deletes and something like a Supersport or Sport Muffler you'll get the best of both worlds + some weight savings.

Shoot me an email at Stuart@velocityap.com, I'm happy to discuss a few different options with you as well as our 6speed pricing

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...8decatpipe.htm

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-V8-V...xpipesport.htm

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Cobra66 is on a distinguished road
Hi MikeR397, Congratulations on the new ride. The MY13+ is a great choice, all the looks of the S without harsher ride and price tag. The sills and front spoiler make a big difference to the appearance. Great looking garage!!!

I have had the exact same issue (as I think many do) with condensation in the tail lights. My right one came back to life for a while after I dried it out but died again as soon as I washed the car. Replacement just turned up and it has much more obvious sealant then the old one (virtually none and dried out). I have added a layer of paint of clear rubber sealant (Rust-Oleum Leakseal) and I will be swapping it this weekend. I will see how it holds up after the next wash? I am going to do the same with the left one and might post if it does the job. The stuff is flexible and being clear(ish) should not be unsightly.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:38 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Congrats Mike. I still remember giving you advice 7.5 years ago on the vantage. I still have mine although it now has literally every modification possible. Stuart (VelocityAP) and Rich (Redpants) are both stand up guys that support the marque better than anyone if you decide to start looking at modifications.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:32 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
Congrats Mike. I still remember giving you advice 7.5 years ago on the vantage. I still have mine although it now has literally every modification possible. Stuart (VelocityAP) and Rich (Redpants) are both stand up guys that support the marque better than anyone if you decide to start looking at modifications.
Agreed regarding Stuart and Rich! They are great guys that will not stear you wrong. I have a 2012 Vantage S with 100 cell cats, fuse removed and the Vantage S stock rear - it sounds very nice. I was able to get my tail lights replaced under warranty. So if you have an extended warranty that might be your solution. Have fun with it! That is a beautiful car - Congradulations!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.