Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Finally got an Aston!

Old 07-27-2017, 02:21 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Finally got an Aston!

Seven and a half years later, I finally got my Aston! https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...8-vantage.html

I've been actively looking for a Tungsten/Meterorite , 09+ , coupe, manual Vantage with sport suspension for several months now, and finally talked myself into the small compromise to go with a lighter color, Lightning Silver. With baby #2 due in February, I figured now was the time to pick up and enjoy another 2 seat coupe.

I actually have been really likely Lightning Silver. It is impossible to photo though, it's like 2 different cars, sometimes a bright silver and sometimes like Aston's mako blue color. From a distance or in inside/dull lighting, it's silver, but up close and/or in the sun/camera flash, it often takes on a very strong light blue hue. My wife really likes the blue hue, I'm not sure I like it as much, but it's a stunningly beautiful car and I think the color shades are growing on me more by the day. I do think the curves are highlighted much better by a lighter color.

The car itself is a single owner 2014 V8 Vantage, 5,200 miles, sold from Aston Martin Palm Beach. It has sports exhaust, sport suspension, Premium audio, and the luxe pack as the highlight options. I got the car for a solid deal, priced right in the middle of the highest mileage 4.3L options and a brand new GTS, and the car is basically new. I almost considered going with the new GTS, but my wallet is much happier the first three years of depreciation were had by someone else! The sports suspension is fantastically stiff yet absorbs the bumps and potholes here in Michigan very well. The interior is like new, beautiful like all Aston's.

First thing I did was pull Fuse 15. The exhaust sounds fantastic, but I want more! I was hoping Fuse 15 would make a bigger difference than it did. I'm happy with the volume on cold start, but otherwise I'd like even more volume and growl. My wife's XFR with Spires exhaust (and the 360 with test pipes and tubi) puts the Aston to shame a bit on the exhaust note, and I can't stand for that! I know there's lots of info on cats and exhaust mods, but am open to feedback from those that have played with options on the sports exhaust to get more volume and snarl?

Two negative issues with the car that I'm hoping the selling dealership might help cover since the car was serviced there annually and recently with their 140 point inspection: (1) the right rear tail lamp has significant condensation and (2) the brakes chirp/squeak and squeal above and beyond what is normal for high performance pads. It does appear the prior owner did a few track days as the dealer put new tires and new front brake pads, and the rear pads are 50-60% worn. Suggestions are welcome here. I'm trying to get service records to see if the rotors were resurfaced, make sure pad backs were greased, and go from there to at least help the otherwise unreasonable brake noise.

The poor 911 got kicked out of the upper garage with the new V8 parking only restriction, and now has to sleep with the snowmobiles downstairs until someone buys it. But I guess that's better than the other two 6 cylinder vehicles that have to sleep on the driveway now. Never enough garage space!

Loving this car, 250 miles in three days of joy riding with a big .

Here's some photos:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6714.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	480875   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6704.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	480876   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9128.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	480877   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9130.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	480878   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9127.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	480879  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9137.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	480880   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9132.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	480881   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6702.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	4.78 MB
ID:	480882  
Attached Images    

Last edited by MikeR397; 07-27-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:30 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Looks great!

Old 07-27-2017, 02:32 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Isn't it fuse 22 to pull?

Old 07-27-2017, 02:36 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Isn't it fuse 22 to pull?
On the earlier model year cars it was, then switched to fuse 15 starting in 2011 I believe.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:20 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I, too, wanted more exotic exhaust. Went with Fabspeed X-Pipe. Here's a before/ after video:
CATTMAN

Old 07-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Mike

congrats & welcome

I see what you mean with the way the colour changes in different light - looks great, well done

Graeme

Old 07-27-2017, 04:50 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
That looks like a nice garage...

Old 07-27-2017, 07:57 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
sweet pickup, congrats.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:09 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Great Vantage, nice fleet of cars you have there.
Ron

Old 07-27-2017, 11:18 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Congrats. I love Lightning!!! It's really funny that I was looking for Lightning [or Stratus, but the longer the search the more I became open to anything light colored]. I flew to Delray Beach to inspect one. Beautiful car!! but not a good car. There was a Lightning DBS in for service at my local and from one side it's was so bright you had to wear shades [that's a song right?] but from the other side it was straight blue. After a very tiring 9 month search a Mako popped up, and it took me a month to decide if I wanted to fly to Boise to see it in person, which I finally justified, I was looking for a silver that half the time looked blue, what's the difference in a blue that half the time looks silver?! It's such a beautiful car it could be baby **** metallic and it would still be beautiful!

I swear it keeps getting louder, and I don't really want a loud car, and it's getting close to that point, stock exhaust, 22 pulled. It's twice as loud as when I bought it 9 months ago. Over 7000 miles it has burned in nicely. If you want a loud car definitely cats will get you there with the Sport exhaust, but time and miles will get you much louder than you are now.

My brakes used to squeal like crazy, and of course you'll find the pads dusty as hell, but they quit about 2000 miles ago. The squealing, not the dusting. I definitely considered Porterfield pads which seems to be the consensus here, but since they're not bothering me anymore [except the dust] I haven't bothered.

The condensation in the rear lights, every car will have that. Replace them and the replacements will too. There is a mod that's supposed to cure it but I'm drawing a blank!

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 07-28-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:22 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
She's a beauty! Enjoy!!

Old 07-28-2017, 01:49 AM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Is this rare light condensation common on the DBS also or just the Vantages?

Last edited by powerbeautysoulAM; 07-28-2017 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:43 AM
SpongeBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations on the acquisition!! Great looking stable too. If you are able to add another great car every time you're expecting another baby, why would you ever stop at just two?

Old 07-28-2017, 04:58 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
Quicksilver Exhaust Options !

Originally Posted by MikeR397
Seven and a half years later, I finally got my Aston! https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...8-vantage.html

I've been actively looking for a Tungsten/Meterorite , 09+ , coupe, manual Vantage with sport suspension for several months now, and finally talked myself into the small compromise to go with a lighter color, Lightning Silver. With baby #2 due in February, I figured now was the time to pick up and enjoy another 2 seat coupe.

I actually have been really likely Lightning Silver. It is impossible to photo though, it's like 2 different cars, sometimes a bright silver and sometimes like Aston's mako blue color. From a distance or in inside/dull lighting, it's silver, but up close and/or in the sun/camera flash, it often takes on a very strong light blue hue. My wife really likes the blue hue, I'm not sure I like it as much, but it's a stunningly beautiful car and I think the color shades are growing on me more by the day. I do think the curves are highlighted much better by a lighter color.

The car itself is a single owner 2014 V8 Vantage, 5,200 miles, sold from Aston Martin Palm Beach. It has sports exhaust, sport suspension, Premium audio, and the luxe pack as the highlight options. I got the car for a solid deal, priced right in the middle of the highest mileage 4.3L options and a brand new GTS, and the car is basically new. I almost considered going with the new GTS, but my wallet is much happier the first three years of depreciation were had by someone else! The sports suspension is fantastically stiff yet absorbs the bumps and potholes here in Michigan very well. The interior is like new, beautiful like all Aston's.

First thing I did was pull Fuse 15. The exhaust sounds fantastic, but I want more! I was hoping Fuse 15 would make a bigger difference than it did. I'm happy with the volume on cold start, but otherwise I'd like even more volume and growl. My wife's XFR with Spires exhaust (and the 360 with test pipes and tubi) puts the Aston to shame a bit on the exhaust note, and I can't stand for that! I know there's lots of info on cats and exhaust mods, but am open to feedback from those that have played with options on the sports exhaust to get more volume and snarl?

Two negative issues with the car that I'm hoping the selling dealership might help cover since the car was serviced there annually and recently with their 140 point inspection: (1) the right rear tail lamp has significant condensation and (2) the brakes chirp/squeak and squeal above and beyond what is normal for high performance pads. It does appear the prior owner did a few track days as the dealer put new tires and new front brake pads, and the rear pads are 50-60% worn. Suggestions are welcome here. I'm trying to get service records to see if the rotors were resurfaced, make sure pad backs were greased, and go from there to at least help the otherwise unreasonable brake noise.

The poor 911 got kicked out of the upper garage with the new V8 parking only restriction, and now has to sleep with the snowmobiles downstairs until someone buys it. But I guess that's better than the other two 6 cylinder vehicles that have to sleep on the driveway now. Never enough garage space!

Loving this car, 250 miles in three days of joy riding with a big .

Here's some photos:

Hey Mike,

Congratulation's on your Purchase!

We Have a Number of Options Available for your Aston Which Are Well Worth Having a Look at if Your Want Some More Growl Out of Your Aston!

https://quicksilverexhausts.store/co...s/aston-martin

Our Most Popular Option Are Our CAT Delete Pipes. They Really Make the Exhaust Note Crisper. In addition we also produce a SuperSports System which will increase the volume substantially and show of the full sound of the engine especially through the higher notes in the rev range.

In Your Case I Would Really Recommend the CAT Delete Pipes as they Will Just Give the Sound more Clarity and Crispness.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:38 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Love the Raptor and the other rides are nice too. Congrats.

Regards,

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.