Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New AM owner! Vantage vs DB11 look

Old 09-03-2017, 08:06 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Dislike clamshells. Engine compartment ends up looking very unfinished due to all the exposed black plastic and rubber seals. Open the bonnet of a DB9...much nicer. Didn't notice the gas filler swap. I like having it on the driver's side as it is now.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:32 PM
MaxAx is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 09-11-2017, 01:48 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
New DB11 or Vanquish??? Similar money. Which would you take right now?

Old 09-11-2017, 02:53 PM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Well if we're dreaming, Vanquish without a doubt.
Fuel filler door location, tongue and cheek, obviously German influence on the Eleven.

Regards,

Old 09-11-2017, 03:51 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I am not so sure I would take the Vanquish unless a convertible over the DB11. I like the ZF transmission on the DB11 over the F1 type. DB11 V8 manual and I am sold! I am curious to drive and hear the difference between the 4.7 and new AMG V8. I am not a fan of the Mercedes soundtrack; too low and grumbly. Aston had and hopefully still has the sound nailed.

Vanquish has the awesome carbon fiber body that is just wow, but DB11 is no slouch either. Would have to drive both and decide.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:46 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Well, I am not so sure I would take the Vanquish unless a convertible over the DB11. I like the ZF transmission on the DB11 over the F1 type.
You be confused, brutha; they both use the same ZF trans...

Old 09-12-2017, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
You be confused, brutha; they both use the same ZF trans...

What model year did the go the 8 speed ZF?

Old 09-12-2017, 06:55 AM
ZF from day one; never F1.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
ZF from day one; never F1.
2003 had an F1 transmission; I almost bought one. What year did they go to regular automatic?

Old 09-12-2017, 08:47 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I am curious to drive and hear the difference between the 4.7 and new AMG V8. I am not a fan of the Mercedes soundtrack; too low and grumbly. Aston had and hopefully still has the sound nailed.
Well as Chris Harris said it best, some Stuttgart Flatulence is to be expected with the new engine, and based upon sounds heard from videos... yeah...

I'd personally take the Vanquish as its much more my style, old Naturally aspirated V12 is awesome too, DB11 is too flashy IMO and I don't like the way the interior looks (especially that fugly tablet GPS) and has those stupid touch screen type buttons

Last edited by sonies; 09-12-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:55 AM
I always thought I needed nav until I got the Vantage. That awful screen makes me remember where I am going!

Old 09-12-2017, 09:11 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
nav to me is completely useless, I live in an extremely easy to get around city

Chicago is one huge grid laid out north/south east/west

Only time I use nav is going to the suburbs, and if I get lost i'll pop directions up on my phone about 100x faster than any nav system in any car

Old 09-12-2017, 03:41 PM
2003 had an F1 transmission; I almost bought one. What year did they go to regular automatic?
Man, you are confused. Since you mentioned convertible Vanquish in your post above, you can only mean Vnq Mk2, which is ZF only, as opposed to long out of production Vnq Mk1, coupe only.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.