Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What Battery to use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 11:41 AM
got one will become famous soon enough
Question What Battery to use?

Searched but didn't find too much so figured I would start a new thread.

Looking for recommendations and reasons why of choice.

2007 Aston Martin Vantage Coupe.

Which car battery should I use and where would be the best place/price to get it?

Old 09-19-2017, 12:57 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I think there are a couple battery threads on here. If you just want a standard lead-acid battery then pick your favorite brand. Different brands seem to be better in different sizes so you could research that some if you want. I went with an AGM battery when I replaced mine. Pepboys sells the Bosch line of AGM batteries and they get pretty good reviews. Or you could get one online.

If you want to save some weight you could get Redpant's mounting bracket and Braille battery. It's pricey compare to just replacing the battery, though.

David

Old 09-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Group 49 battery. A few people have had me install non-OEM direct replacement batteries in their cars.
If you want a different type, you'll need an adapter to fit it because of the way they're mounted.

Originally Posted by davidm17
If you want to save some weight you could get Redpant's mounting bracket and Braille battery. It's pricey compare to just replacing the battery, though.
Yeah, the battery and mount together add up, but the mount only needs to be bought once. There are a few benefits, too:
-It makes swapping the battery any time after a 5-minute job. Replacing the lightweight battery only requires loosening the two cables and two bolts. Seriously easy!
-Despite being smaller and lighter, they recover better from discharge than lead-acid batteries. I'm a huge fan of AGM batteries... they've been far more robust when drained/recharged in my experience.
-And of course the weight loss benefits. What else on the car can be swapped for this price and shed nearly 30 lbs?

http://www.redpants.lol/shop/lightweight-battery-mount
Not something I'd do if you have a good battery, but something worthwhile if you want the various benefits and need to replace a bad battery.

Old 09-21-2017, 02:15 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Redpants
-And of course the weight loss benefits. What else on the car can be swapped for this price and shed nearly 30 lbs?

The driver

Old 09-21-2017, 08:50 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by got one
Searched but didn't find too much so figured I would start a new thread.

Looking for recommendations and reasons why of choice.

2007 Aston Martin Vantage Coupe.

Which car battery should I use and where would be the best place/price to get it?
Ryan-I would go with Rich (Redpants) lightweight battery and new mount. I would have gone this route if it was an option 3 years ago when I needed a replacement. 30+ lbs is break savings!

Old 09-22-2017, 10:14 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
The driver
I'm trying... Clare's got me on a diet lol. But I've been burning at both ends to keep up with a day job (and getting out of that day job) and getting things done with Redpants, so I don't have the time or energy to work out. Two years ago I did three Tough Mudders and a half marathon during the span of six months. Now... I can't even fit into my infamous red pants

Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
Ryan-I would go with Rich (Redpants) lightweight battery and new mount. I would have gone this route if it was an option 3 years ago when I needed a replacement. 30+ lbs is break savings!
I'll install it for a beer and carrying a couch or two when the time comes

Old 09-22-2017, 10:20 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You know they make pants in different sizes right?

I've had 2 best friends and a daughter all move in the last month, the last and worst will be tomorrow. I've got bruises I don't even know about till I touch something, and my joints are breaking down. Moving sucks even more when you're moving somebody else ;/

Old 09-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Banned
It's the principle of the matter lol. When I got out of boot camp, I weighed 135 lbs. That was 47 lbs ago....... My normal weight should be 170

Old 09-22-2017, 02:07 PM
I spent too much time in the principles office.

Yup, 135 when I was in great shape. My leather stage pants were 28". Now 185 with 30 years of added bloat, far too much around the waistline squeezing into 36's because I refuse to buy 40's!

Is the Texas move a work transfer? I don't see how you're going to be able to keep a real job much longer as many irons as you've placed in the fire.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
what AGM battery does pepboys have that will replace the vantage v8 battery? model number? does pepboys have a conversion chart for the AGM battery? is it lighter?
im sure it will be a little smaller, (or maybe not) does it fit exactly like stock, stock connectors, etc? mounting??

thanks

Mark

Old 12-21-2017, 01:02 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Any Group 49 (H8), AGM or not, is a direct replacement. AGMs cost a bit more and weight a few pounds more.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:09 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
The driver
ha ha... lost 20 lbs over the past couple months... no improvement in my 0 to 60 times...

Old 12-21-2017, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
ha ha... lost 20 lbs over the past couple months... no improvement in my 0 to 60 times...
Loose another 20 and you may shave a 10th

I just had the dealer put a battery in, they put a Rolls battery in it, hey, at least it's still British!

Old 12-21-2017, 10:52 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Reduce sugar, processed carbs, and alcohol. Protein and fat are good, but be smart. Learn to use nuts. Do not eat dinner during your normal work week.

You will accomplish much easier with reduced caloric intake than you ever will relying on exercise. Make sure you exercise

chr

Old 12-22-2017, 08:13 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by era2076
Reduce sugar, processed carbs, and alcohol. Protein and fat are good, but be smart. Learn to use nuts. Do not eat dinner during your normal work week.

You will accomplish much easier with reduced caloric intake than you ever will relying on exercise. Make sure you exercise

chr
Reduce alcohol, are YOU crazy???

That is what keeps me sane.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.