Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Any V12S Dogleg owners here?

Old 10-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
My Friend got one. He showed up at the shop, car dirty from the road. Proceeded to break it in properly. Getting our full power upgrade in the spring:

View this post on Instagram

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-18-2017, 05:41 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I was told in the USA by the Aston rep, that the power upgrade in the USA is only 15HP because of the restrictions in the CAT converter (to keep warranty)!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:17 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Originally Posted by V8Vin
Piggyback on my own thread.

I ended up scoring a dogleg. This would be my 3rd AM. Previously had two Vantages V8 ('07 and '14), both in manual shift. I always knew that I need another Brit in the garage. Test drove the 570S, 650S. Just not a fan of turbo-ed engines.

The V12VSM is decently equipped albeit no sports-plus pack. The wheels and 5hp bump are nice. But this option is limited to certain colors and I can't deal with those colors especially with the graphics pack and overloaded alcantara interior.

Put down a couple of hundreds of miles already and I must say the car brings me a big wide smile every time I shift. Didn't take long to master the new shift pattern. AMShift is conveniently spot on. There's no doubt a sensory overload when driving this car. I can almost taste the combustion chambers igniting, gears meshing, pistons pumping and hydraulics damping. So engineered yet primal.

Love the adjustable Sport & Track suspension setting. Not looking to compare this to a GT3 but it's pretty damn good. I feel that Matt Becker might have tweaked this car a bit and now I really want to track this car.

The AMi III entertainment system is a good improvement from the previous version. BT pairing, audio adjustments etc are so much easier. More intuitive UI and especially with Android Auto/Apple Carplay, you can just rely on Google maps.

Chris Harris said it best when he reviewed this car:

"Anyone who has got one of these, should be very very pleased with their purchase."

Pics to follow soon once I wash the car.
Nice review!

I get my Vantage V12 AMR dogleg at the end of this month and I'm looking forward to testing this gearbox!

Old 10-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I was told in the USA by the Aston rep, that the power upgrade in the USA is only 15HP because of the restrictions in the CAT converter (to keep warranty)!
I think i is emissions. AM will supply a secondary cat delete for the V12 cars now, but only for certain markets.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-22-2017, 12:12 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Thanks all for the kind words.

@Stuart, pretty bad *** track video. Keep us posted of the upgrade.

@vince_1972, looking forward to your review!

Not much of a photographer myself. Here's one at a gathering yesterday.

Better pic.

Always a crowd favorite.

Last edited by V12Vin; 10-24-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Morries AM just sold a new China Grey V12S manual just last week, like yours in the pict.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:47 PM
Champs is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello to you all !
I have just registered and also just taken delivery of one of these fine machines !
My advice is, if you are thinking about maybe getting one, Just Do It .......... before it's too late ! These cars are utterly amazing and the last of the last.
I am sooo happy and thankful that I did not miss this boat !
If anyone is concerned about the gearbox ( as I was ! ), fear not ! I only own other manual cars, and I have had zero issues with the 7 speed since leaving the dealer.
I have done 1000 Km's thus far.
The gearbox is an absolute joy, mated to a gem of an engine !
My biggest fear was the gearbox, hearing motoring journo's speaking of it as being stubborn, awkward, not ideal etc.
I believe I come from the best manuals out there ( Cayman GTS, GT4, 997.2 GT3 , 911 R ), and I bonded with this 7 speed instantly.
It is not as straight forward and easy as the Porsche 6 speed. You need to be a little slower in making the gear changes ( tenths of a second slower ) , but is is just as delicious. Actually, it feels racier to me as the throws are very short and the gates are tightly spaced. You can feel each gear engaging very smoothly into gear. No notchiness!
I can however see that if you're not a seasoned manual guy, are used to flappy paddles and auto, that this gearbox may be a little frustrating initially....... initially being the key word !

Driving this car is such a special occasion. Driving it is an event !
I like to call it my little hooligan !
Please believe me, don't wait, go and buy one. If I could afford another one, I would own two of these bad boys !
They are works of art to behold ( I can't stop looking at mine ), and totally consume my senses on the drive........... totally focused and engaging.
My Porsche friends don't like to hear me banging on about my Vantage. But the truth is, the 911 R is more talented form point A to point B, but it doesn't get near the Vantage V12S 7 speed for ON THE ROAD thrills.

This is my 1st Aston and if I am spared and can afford it, it is not my last !
I'll try post some pics once I have more time.
Friendly greetings from South Africa !

Old 02-09-2018, 08:38 PM
kyson is an unknown quantity at this point
I recently picked up my V12VS manual and absolutely love it. Coming from a long history of special interest cars, this one is near the top - love the power, size, build quality and exclusivity and the transmission makes the car. Hope to meet other Aston fans and look forward to making meaningful contributions in the months to come.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:16 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kyson
I recently picked up my V12VS manual and absolutely love it. Coming from a long history of special interest cars, this one is near the top - love the power, size, build quality and exclusivity and the transmission makes the car. Hope to meet other Aston fans and look forward to making meaningful contributions in the months to come.
Pics please. Where are you located?

Old 02-10-2018, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by kyson

LoL. Just replied to you on PH. Glad to see you here.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:51 PM
HansCH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Champs
Hello to you all !
I have just registered and also just taken delivery of one of these fine machines !
My advice is, if you are thinking about maybe getting one, Just Do It .......... before it's too late ! These cars are utterly amazing and the last of the last.
I am sooo happy and thankful that I did not miss this boat !
If anyone is concerned about the gearbox ( as I was ! ), fear not ! I only own other manual cars, and I have had zero issues with the 7 speed since leaving the dealer.
I have done 1000 Km's thus far.
The gearbox is an absolute joy, mated to a gem of an engine !
My biggest fear was the gearbox, hearing motoring journo's speaking of it as being stubborn, awkward, not ideal etc.
I believe I come from the best manuals out there ( Cayman GTS, GT4, 997.2 GT3 , 911 R ), and I bonded with this 7 speed instantly.
It is not as straight forward and easy as the Porsche 6 speed. You need to be a little slower in making the gear changes ( tenths of a second slower ) , but is is just as delicious. Actually, it feels racier to me as the throws are very short and the gates are tightly spaced. You can feel each gear engaging very smoothly into gear. No notchiness!
I can however see that if you're not a seasoned manual guy, are used to flappy paddles and auto, that this gearbox may be a little frustrating initially....... initially being the key word !

Driving this car is such a special occasion. Driving it is an event !
I like to call it my little hooligan !
Please believe me, don't wait, go and buy one. If I could afford another one, I would own two of these bad boys !
They are works of art to behold ( I can't stop looking at mine ), and totally consume my senses on the drive........... totally focused and engaging.
My Porsche friends don't like to hear me banging on about my Vantage. But the truth is, the 911 R is more talented form point A to point B, but it doesn't get near the Vantage V12S 7 speed for ON THE ROAD thrills.

This is my 1st Aston and if I am spared and can afford it, it is not my last !
I'll try post some pics once I have more time.
Friendly greetings from South Africa !
Thank you very much for your insights. Just making up my mind on getting a V12VS dogleg and been indeed cocerned about the gearshift quality. Reading these thoughts from a fellow Porsche guy is very helpful indeed.
Best - Hans

Old 02-28-2018, 01:53 PM
HansCH is on a distinguished road
Bye the way...where are the pictures, guys?

Old 02-28-2018, 01:56 PM
I posted one or two. Just lazy. Will try to post more.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.