Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Twin Turbo thread and build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deckman
What is the WHP on a stock 4.7? Getting another 100HP on my Vantage would be plenty for me. $20k is still only half the difference of getting to a used V12 with manual as I have no interest in the SMG uh I mean ASM. I'd probably be in for that amount.
How long is a piece of string. Depends on which dyno you measure it. The Superflow we are using I think should be renamed SuperLOW because it puts down very low numbers. Ultimately it doesn't really matter, it's the % increase that matters.

If you put the same 4.3L car we baselined at 288WHP on a Dynojet it might show 365WHP. I've seen baselines that high. In which case it might make 465WHP with turbo setup on the same dyno.

A 4.7 with 6.5lbs of boost at the throttle, I would expect to make something like 530-550BHP/Crank HP.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-19-2017, 03:12 PM
pdenmark is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
How long is a piece of string. Depends on which dyno you measure it. The Superflow we are using I think should be renamed SuperLOW because it puts down very low numbers. Ultimately it doesn't really matter, it's the % increase that matters.

If you put the same 4.3L car we baselined at 288WHP on a Dynojet it might show 365WHP. I've seen baselines that high. In which case it might make 465WHP with turbo setup on the same dyno.

A 4.7 with 6.5lbs of boost at the throttle, I would expect to make something like 530-550BHP/Crank HP.
i don’t understand how you are on the forum replying but won’t reply for a order I’m trying to place. 2 emails from me and one from Appleby.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pdenmark
i don’t understand how you are on the forum replying but won’t reply for a order I’m trying to place. 2 emails from me and one from Appleby.
Wow. I'm not accustomed to having my time management called into question in public.... I get anywhere from 100-200 emails per day, 20-30 phone calls and I manage a manufacturing operation.

Your email was answered the same day it was sent, looking for your VIN so you could be quoted on the correct parts. You didn't even specify if you needed a slave for a manual or ASM car. By the time you provided the necessary information you told us you had already ordered parts elsewhere because we 'took too long to respond.'

If you've already ordered parts from Redpants I suggest you get all the OEM parts from them. You will save money ordering them all from one place. Rich is a great guy, I'm happy to send him the business.

If you're in that much of a rush that would be your best option.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.