Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

08 v8 vantage..thinking about 200cell cats. anyone regret it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 08:27 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Yes, go to Stuart at Velocity AP. He can set you up with the 200 cell and an exhaust quieter than the stock with fused 22 pulled. You can also add an x pipe to soften.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:01 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
200 cell cats + sport exhaust is not subtle. Cold starts in the morning rock the garage and wake up some neighbors who sleep in late. LOL

I've contemplated swapping exhausts with someone who still has the stock exhaust on their V8V. What would be a fair price to charge for my Quicksilver sport exhaust in exchange for a stock one?

Old 11-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...I have found that if you use your car just for an hour or two...go loud but be prepared for good and bad remarks made to you.

If you actually drive your car for hours at a time or taking on trips. Just pull the fuse and have a great sound without carrying around a bottle of aspirin.

I taught my son a lesson years ago. He wanted loud sound for his T-Bird. I let him waste his money and put a loud exhaust on his car. Then I made him drive the car on a trip. Upon returning he removed the noise makers for a loud but reasonable exhaust. Costly for him... But he remembers it to this day.

​​​​​​

Old 11-04-2017, 09:17 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
What we are learning here is that one person's interpretation of loud is not the same as another's. I've driven my Vantage on day-long trips and it's not annoying to me at all.

Now, my '67 Pontiac GTO with a massively built motor and essentially straight-pipe exhausts, well, THAT is LOUD and after about an hour I'm tired of it. But what a glorious hour.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Jeff...you are correct! You stated it better than me.
my son currently has two mustangs one louder then the other...lol

Great reply!

Old 11-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Aldv
Jeff...you are correct! You stated it better than me.
my son currently has two mustangs one louder then the other...lol

Great reply!
LOL, back in olden times we used to say that if it is too loud you're too old. But now that we're all old we have to come up with a different saying. Maybe, if it's too loud, turn down your hearing aid!

Old 11-04-2017, 01:08 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
People that like loud exhausts must not like to talk to their wives in the car. It's actually a brilliant solution

Old 11-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Lve2xlr8
Is there any way to get the power without the increased sound? I find the OEM exhaust with the fuse pulled is pretty much the perfect tone and volume.
ECU Tuning will get you more power than the cats provide. We offer a tune for these cars that a large number of forum members have on their cars. So many I've lost count!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-07-2017, 05:55 PM
pikajew is on a distinguished road
Absolutely no regrets with my VAP cats, headers, exhaust, ECU tune and V12 twin disc clutch. It TOTALLY transformed my 08 V8V Roadster.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Ken Harrison 200 cel cats an x pipe and Quicksilver sport exhaust along with a Eurocharge tune. Absolutely no regrets. Car sounds fantastic, much better and not any louder than my Porsche 991 911 with the sport exhaust.
Go for it.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:05 AM
L_W_Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Steel Wings just installed VAP 200 cell cats and air filters on my 2006 V8V manual. It sounds AMAZING. I also had the VAP tune done and the car is without a doubt more responsive at both the low and higher ends (e.g. shifting from 4th-5th). There is no additional drone whatsoever from stock when at cruising speeds, but when you go to accelerate it just comes alive. It is very noticeably louder than the stock cats, but that is exactly what I was hoping for. To me, the stock note was nice but just too tame. I really underestimated the impact the tune would have, but it now performs like a whole different car... kind of gave it a new personality, but in a very positive fashion. It also crackles and burbles now on downshifts, which it never did when stock, so it is an 'added bonus' for me, as I really enjoys that aspect of the driving experience.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Steel Wings...great independent company...I was told about them by Rich...

Great to read...Enjoy!

Old 11-14-2017, 11:49 AM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
This should help with your decision :

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...sary-sale.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.