Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

08 v8 vantage..thinking about 200cell cats. anyone regret it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 10:39 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
08 v8 vantage..thinking about 200cell cats. anyone regret it?

My smog is due next week. After smog im clear for 2 years!

Now time to think seriously on the 200 cell cats. Anyone with 200cell cats regret it?

I have the quicksilver sport exhaust (the super quiet one!). Its quiter than stock! THat should increase that volume and give me a horsepower gain.

But anyone hate their cats?

Old 11-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
No regrets at all. Usually the first thing I recommend people do!

Old 11-02-2017, 11:14 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
richard i didnt realize you had the cats done on your car.

ok i think it will be a go then!

Old 11-02-2017, 03:09 PM
LotusJPS is on a distinguished road
I took them off after a few months. Loved the way they sounded at lower RPM, but above 4k it got way too loud. That was with the stock muffler (and on a roadster). I've since changed to the AM sport muffler which sounds great without being overly loud.

For me (especially for top down driving) I'd think 400 cell cat would've provided a better sound level.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:13 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
A lot more than just cats
www.redpants.lol/grey-2007-v8-vantage/

Old 11-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Oliver Goldsmith is on a distinguished road
I'm trying to find a second hand set if anyone is selling

Old 11-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I wonder what my 100 cell cats will be like on my Vantage S?

Old 11-02-2017, 10:23 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Kind of a side question but saw it mentioned, how does one know if their AM has a sport muffler or not?

Old 11-02-2017, 10:35 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I got the Velocity AP 200 cell cats for my V8V Roadster. Love the sound and the slight increase in power. It's not too loud when driving leisurely but it screams when you get on it. I have the Quicksilver Sports Exhaust on my car too so it is louder than it would be with the stock exhaust. Thinking of getting the Velocity AP X-Pipes now to mellow out the sound a little.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I have RSC 200-cell cats, RSC Super Sport (LOUD) muffler, and VAP tubular headers. At wide open throttle it seems like it is only slightly quieter than the Aston Martin IMSA race cars! At part throttle it's fairly civilized but doesn't sound anything like stock. Mostly, it sounds like God's Own Chariot and makes grown men giggle like schoolgirls. I absolutely love it.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:39 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I long ago discovered that loud exhaust makes grown "car guys" giggle like schoolgirls, and children giggle like children, but, it makes the rest of the world, especially those that look at you sideways because you're driving a nicer car than theirs, say "look at THAT asshat! Look at me! Look at me!". At least they don't look at Aston drivers and put up their little finger like we're trying to compensate for something

Old 11-03-2017, 11:53 AM
Kapoosh1 has a spectacular aura aboutKapoosh1 has a spectacular aura aboutKapoosh1 has a spectacular aura about
Had them installed for a few months....ear piercing loud at full throttle. I took them off as they made the car to harder to enjoy.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:47 PM
BJA
BJA is an unknown quantity at this point
Velocity AP 200 cell cats and pulled Fuse 22 on my 07 V8V, love the sound. I also just passed CA smog with them this week (surprisingly), so no need to wait for your test.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:55 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
I have RSC 200-cell cats, RSC Super Sport (LOUD) muffler, and VAP tubular headers. At wide open throttle it seems like it is only slightly quieter than the Aston Martin IMSA race cars! At part throttle it's fairly civilized but doesn't sound anything like stock. Mostly, it sounds like God's Own Chariot and makes grown men giggle like schoolgirls. I absolutely love it.
Haha Jeff I have the same setup and "Mostly, it sounds like God's Own Chariot and makes grown men giggle like schoolgirls" sums it up perfectly!!

Old 11-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Lve2xlr8 is on a distinguished road
Is there any way to get the power without the increased sound? I find the OEM exhaust with the fuse pulled is pretty much the perfect tone and volume.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.