Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What kind of battery do we have?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 10:15 AM
along624 is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of battery do we have?

Hello,

I have a 2010 AM V8 with a battery thats slowly dying. I've been googling for a few days and unfortunately haven't been able to figure out if the OEM battery is AGM or not. Does anyone happen to know?

Old 05-01-2019, 10:18 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
It's AGM
Group SizeH8Minimum Cold Cranking Amps830

Old 05-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by MRCW
It's AGM
Group SizeH8Minimum Cold Cranking Amps830
Wonderful! Thank you so much for making my life so much easier!

Old 05-01-2019, 12:07 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Are you sure the OEM battery is AGM? I believe it is a standard flooded wet cell, but have never purchased one. The one I pulled out of my car was a standard type battery, but it had a Jaguar label on it.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:07 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Interstate is the OEM brand; not sure which model.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:53 PM
irvineboy is on a distinguished road
I put in a T8 in my 2013 v8v. I believe the 2012.5+ changed to a T8. Before 1012.5 was H8 batteries. Non AGM.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:06 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure why anyone would not install an AGM battery. The battery in my Vantage, replaced by the dealer was AGM and the benefits far outweigh the minor upcharge in cost compared to an old style battery. Plenty of info online about differences in battery types

Old 05-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Just so you guys know... the Vantage can take H6, H7, H8, T6, T8..... the reason is because the mounts for the AM is front to back and all these batteries have the exact same width.... and all the H sizes are the same height, and the T sizes are the same height, just 17mm shorter than the H sizes. But they all fit because the footer that is used to clamp onto is all the same width.

If you ever interested in a Lithium version we make those too. Only 14.5 lbs...

Old 05-02-2019, 07:05 PM
For the record, it was a non-AGM battery. I've swapped mine out with a Bosch AGM and it starts like a fire! Thanks guys!