Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Insurance Claims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Insurance Claims

Anyone loan their car out for this? . SheriffDep - thoughts as to cleanup?

Last edited by Old phart; 12-03-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:51 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
First---- I freak if someone places a hand on the car much less drop paint cans. Drives me nuts how people say----OH look how smooth this is while wiping their hand across the paint applying oils to the car and also marring the surface. Wiping a finger on the paint will scratch it----noticeable on a black car, but they all will scratch. Yep, I am a perfectionist when it comes to paint, so nothing should touch it.

But----I have and will drive the Aston in the rain or during the winter, so I am not that much of a baby.

If water based paint---- you could most likely pressure wash it down. Then a strong soap like Dawn while letting it sit for a minute. Then clay and a polish. That might get it back perfect, BUT....... obviously in most all cases if this were to happen would be just a new hood or other areas affected.

Would love to know the back story on this.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:23 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Video posted in early November...

What's going on in the central valley?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rcial-db9.html

Old 12-04-2017, 10:11 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Cleaning the paint is the least of your problems when 8 pound cans of paint are dropping 6 foot onto an aluminium bonnet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.