Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Parcel Area Panels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 02:07 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
DB9 Parcel Area Panels

I just got my DB9 back after more than 3 weeks and lots of work done some completely and some partially. After it was dropped off, I went for a drive and noticed some creeks behind me (driver). Later when I looked back, I noticed that the panels are not aligned, top panel is popping out and there is some gap between the top panel and side wall. On the passenger side, top panel is secured and bottom panel is popping out. Can somebody check their DB9 and let me know if they are aligned correctly.

Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2017, 09:03 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cuddapah
I just got my DB9 back after more than 3 weeks and lots of work done some completely and some partially. After it was dropped off, I went for a drive and noticed some creeks behind me (driver). Later when I looked back, I noticed that the panels are not aligned, top panel is popping out and there is some gap between the top panel and side wall. On the passenger side, top panel is secured and bottom panel is popping out. Can somebody check their DB9 and let me know if they are aligned correctly.
Sorry to hear about your problems. Can you post another photo of the area.. Perhaps pan back a bit so we can see exactly where you're problem is? It's a bit tough to tell in this picture unfortunately.

I've had the entire interior out of my db9 in the past and I'm sure I can help you identify the issue.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:59 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks! I will post pictures after the hurricane passes.
Why did you have to take out interior out of your DB9 ?

Originally Posted by speedracer800
Sorry to hear about your problems. Can you post another photo of the area.. Perhaps pan back a bit so we can see exactly where you're problem is? It's a bit tough to tell in this picture unfortunately.

I've had the entire interior out of my db9 in the past and I'm sure I can help you identify the issue.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:30 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks! I will post pictures after the hurricane passes.
Why did you have to take out interior out of your DB9 ?
I installed a custom diamond stitched headliner.. So I went ahead and removed the majority of the leather to clean and treat since I had a great deal of it apart anyways to remove the headliner. I had a rattle in the rear parcel shelf as well I wanted to address.. Very common problem with the DB9's.

Old 09-11-2017, 07:49 AM
Interesting ... were you able to find the source of rattle ?
My DB9 ... ever since the dealership tried and failed to fix wind noise, i hear some metallic rubbing noise. I couldn’t figure out what was causing the noise. Dealership tried and was disassembling the car and gave up. AM rep will check out later this month. In your case what was causing the rattle ?
Here is my other thread about this .. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-noise.html

I installed a custom diamond stitched headliner.. So I went ahead and removed the majority of the leather to clean and treat since I had a great deal of it apart anyways to remove the headliner. I had a rattle in the rear parcel shelf as well I wanted to address.. Very common problem with the DB9's.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Where are you hearing this metallic noise? Does it seem to be linked to speed or wind? I guess I don't quite understand.

The noise in the parcel shelf is more of a leather rubbing kind of noise.. Not at all metallic. A little bit of padding added under the center portion of the parcel shelf corrected it for me immediately.. But this does not sound like what you have going on.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Here is a more clearer picture of the panels being misaligned . You can see the panels close to the rear window are not aligned. The top panel is not secured. Is it possible to secure it ?

Where are you hearing this metallic noise? Does it seem to be linked to speed or wind? I guess I don't quite understand.

The noise in the parcel shelf is more of a leather rubbing kind of noise.. Not at all metallic. A little bit of padding added under the center portion of the parcel shelf corrected it for me immediately.. But this does not sound like what you have going on.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Here is a more clearer picture of the panels being misaligned . You can see the panels close to the rear window are not aligned. The top panel is not secured. Is it possible to secure it ?

Did you ever get this figured out? I've got mine tore apart now doing some custom work so I could probably get you some info to correct if you need help still..?

Old 12-01-2017, 08:21 PM
Nope ... still an issue for me. Please let me know if this can be fixed or give me any info. Appreciate your help.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:01 AM
I have mine all taken apart so I can definitely walk you through taking yours apart in hopes of re aligning the pieces. My concern is that it doesn't appear that the main piece is installed incorrectly and it's just the stitching that isn't lining back up..? Is it possible they replaced the original pieces and this is why the piping and stitching isn't matching up? I just don't see how the piece could be installed in a way that would give this appearance as it only goes together 1 way. I hope that makes sense?

Old 12-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Red color stitching faded on parcel area panels and side panels. So they replaced parcel area panels twice and side panels once. Even though they are handmade, panels for all the cars (same model) are same. So not sure why the stitching won't align. I think the tech might be in a hurry and didn't do it right. Please let me know your thoughts.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:03 AM
New thread with lots of information and pictures coming very soon!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.