Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Jacking up DB9 for quick oil change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Chris P is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DonBond
If you do not remove the undertray you are going to have one heck of a mess that will drip for a long time after you are done.
Why is that? Even if I put rags under the filter to catch the oil coming out.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:22 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
three 2x12 works great ,you can eliminate the step up by using a chainsaw to angle
the ends of the 2x's ,thats if you have a redneck buddy like me who lives out in the bush with logging skills.lol....then there is a crossmember under the front tray which can be used to jack the car higher from this point with 2x4 wood protection between jack and crossmeber. then place on axle stands front only...
i found this the quickest. as you drive up on the 2x12 ramps and jack the car once

Old 12-06-2017, 11:56 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cadman
three 2x12 works great ,you can eliminate the step up by using a chainsaw to angle
the ends of the 2x's ,thats if you have a redneck buddy like me who lives out in the bush with logging skills.lol....then there is a cross member under the front tray which can be used to jack the car higher from this point with 2x4 wood protection between jack and cross member. then place on axle stands front only...
i found this the quickest. as you drive up on the 2x12 ramps and jack the car once
If you jack up the car on a regular basis and you don't have a low profile jack then take the time to build small ramps as suggested above. I build one some time ago. If interested its on my website at

http://bernardembden.com/am/jacking/index.htm

Old 12-07-2017, 06:18 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Old 12-07-2017, 07:39 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by zuman
Incorrect jacking locations were used on that car. Does not apply to this conversation.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:33 AM
Chris P is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wanted to say thanks for all the replies. It wasn't nearly as bad or intimiating as I expected it to be. Having previously done some pretty detailed work on both my corvette and my DeLorean i expected worse. But I think getting over the fact I'm taking a wrench to an "ASTON MARTIN" was the hardest part of all.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:48 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Chris P
Why is that? Even if I put rags under the filter to catch the oil coming out.
yes, it will splat all over from the main drain plug else because the plug is above the pan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.