Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Good Exotic Mechanic in Northern VA area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Mike Tepley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I've previously owned Maserati's and now seriously considering an 07-08 V8V for my next ride. I have taken my cars to ECS of Sterling, VA. However, Josh moved several years ago. I know of LOCO Exotics, but their prices seem like the dealer.

Anyone know of a good independent mechanic in Northern VA area for AMs, Maseratis, etc?

Thanks!

Old 12-24-2017, 11:54 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
You'll be missed Rich. I know you aren't a mechanic but you are damn good around these cars. I wish I could find an indy in the Blatimore/DC area. Shout out if you know one

Old 12-26-2017, 09:14 AM
VAENG is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mike Tepley
Hello,
I have taken my cars to ECS of Sterling, VA. However, Josh moved several years ago. I know of LOCO Exotics, but their prices seem like the dealer.
Anyone know of a good independent mechanic in Northern VA area for AMs, Maseratis, etc?
Ever since ECS Josh moved to Texas, I've also been searching for a solution for my Maserati and Aston Martin. I've also done a lot more repairs myself after getting an Autel MS906 because of frustrations with trying to find a new shop.

I've not found a good solution for the Maserati. Fernando at Competizione was very clear that his shop is only focusing on Ferrari going forward. I've tried a few of the other independent specialty shops in our area; however, I've not been happy with the results. I'm currently went back to Ferrari of Washington, which I used before Josh.

I had a lot of problems with the the air conditioning on my DB7, which the local AM dealer in our area addressed numerous times over a three year timespan. It was never fixed right after spending nearly 15K. I gave up on trying to fix it for a few years; however, decided to ask my Jaguar mechanic team that handled my cars 20 years ago. When Laurel Jaguar closed, the mechanics formed their own shop in Odenton, MD called English Auto. They fixed it right for less than 1K.

I've not needed service on my DB9 yet; however, they handled all of my Jaguar V12s and they solved my DB7 i6 AC problem that the dealer couldn't. I wouldn't hesitate to bring your Aston Martin to them.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:57 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Thanks for the possible lead in English Auto! In my mind this is the primary down side to owning an Aston. That and the cost for parts. Thankfully my Vantage has been problem free so far.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:14 AM
VAENG is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by deckman
Thanks for the possible lead in English Auto! In my mind this is the primary down side to owning an Aston. That and the cost for parts. Thankfully my Vantage has been problem free so far.
I've never had a problem with Shane using my own parts -- even when he was at the dealership. At one point he was handling seven of my Jags at the same time.

On the my DB7 air conditioning repair I had all of the parts sent over from HWM Aston Martin in the UK, which was a significant savings. Also, when Shane heard that one of the AC lines was 550 GBP, he told me not to buy it and had the piece fixed locally for a few dollars.

I asked him if he would service the Quattroporte because at the now closed Jaguar dealership they were also handling a customer's Ferrari 328, 20 years ago. Unfortunately, he said the techs wouldn't feel comfortable tackling it.

Vincent

Old 12-29-2017, 09:40 AM
mugget is on a distinguished road
I've taken my car into Georgetown Auto Service in Alexandria across from Potomac Yards a handful of times the past couple years. It's not an exotic specialty shop per se but you'll read mostly positive reviews online and if you go to their website you'll see pics of them working on AMs, Maserati, Porsche, Ferrari, etc. The owner of the shop has family connections to the Tyson's dealership ownership FWIW.

They've replaced my clutch (no problem with me buying the parts and bringing them in) and a random part or 2 as well as cleared/fixed a CEL (that was caused by the dealership no less).

Old 12-30-2017, 11:22 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough

So, someone has to take this thread a little sideways. My guy's good but you have to keep tucking $10's in his belt as he's working.