Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

GTS Lux vs Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
+1 on buying one that's already depreciated if you're that worried about depreciation.

And I'd absolutely buy my GT again. It's in storage for winter right now and I find myself missing it daily. But I also think it's silly to buy nice cars for resale value; when I buy a car, selling it is the absolute last thing on my mind. If it's not a car I want to have around for a long time, I just don't buy it.

The only reason I'd buy a Porsche would be as a daily driver and to have a fun car in winter: it'd be a Carrera 4 or 4S or a Targa 4 or 4S with PDK and I'd have a set of snow tires on hand so I could get rid of my Honda (but only after my girlfriend moves out of the damn city so I'd never have to park it on the street of Chicago overnight). It would not take the place of the Vantage GT. Porsches simply don't get my heart racing like the look, feel, and sound of the Vantage.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:24 AM
mseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of lightmseligson is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Mathman85
+1 on buying one that's already depreciated if you're that worried about depreciation.

And I'd absolutely buy my GT again. It's in storage for winter right now and I find myself missing it daily. But I also think it's silly to buy nice cars for resale value; when I buy a car, selling it is the absolute last thing on my mind. If it's not a car I want to have around for a long time, I just don't buy it.

The only reason I'd buy a Porsche would be as a daily driver and to have a fun car in winter: it'd be a Carrera 4 or 4S or a Targa 4 or 4S with PDK and I'd have a set of snow tires on hand so I could get rid of my Honda (but only after my girlfriend moves out of the damn city so I'd never have to park it on the street of Chicago overnight). It would not take the place of the Vantage GT. Porsches simply don't get my heart racing like the look, feel, and sound of the Vantage.
Yeah, depreciation isn't my top priority, but it's something I think about. I've taken my share of hits in the past, but when I luck into a car that's not depreciating, like the 981 Spyder and GT500, I sure hate to let them go for one that almost assuredly will. That's why I think I'd trade the Jeep for the Aston. And if it makes a good DD eventually drop a BMW.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:24 PM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
I'll add to the previous posts with a list of standard equipment,

LUX:
  • 5-Spoke Silver Wheel
  • Comfort Suspension
  • Piano Black Fascia
  • Gloss Black Splitter and Diffuser
  • Bright Grille
  • Magnum Silver Mesh
  • Bright Window Surround
  • Bright Tailpipes
  • Silver Headlight Bezels
  • Bright Side Strakes
  • V8 S Leather Interior Trim
  • Bright Interior Detailing
  • Glass Switches
  • Silver Pedals
  • Silver Paddleshifts
  • Chrome gearknob surround
  • Memory Seats
  • Colour-Keyed Leather Steering Wheel
  • Bang & Olufsen Sound System

SPORT:
  • 5-Spoke Graphite Wheel
  • Sport Suspension (Coupe Only)
  • Carbon Fibre Fascia
  • Carbon Fibre Splitter and Diffuser
  • Black Grille
  • Black Mesh
  • Black Window Surround
  • Black Tailpipes
  • Black Headlight Bezels
  • Carbon Side Strakes
  • Plisse Alcantara Seat / Door Inserts
  • Black Interior Detailing
  • Plastic Switches
  • Black Pedals
  • Black Paddleshifts
  • Carbon gearknob surround
  • Alcantara Steering Wheel
  • Premium Audio

Additional Carbon Fiber exterior options such as mirrors were only available on the Sport. The Sport was also limited to just Obsidian Black or Argento Grey interior leather trim.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:40 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
I have a GTS Sport and things were customizable when I ordered it. Most notably the paint color and full leather interior