Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Wow this Vantage gets around

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 09:06 PM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Wow this Vantage gets around

Last edited by 007V8Vantage; 02-19-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:07 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
He overpaid...perhaps his post partum depression made him do it.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:42 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Agreed: Paid far too much - looks beat up - he could have bought a far better condition Vantage and negotiated down to close to $36K. Morries just took a 2007 on trade with 50K miles on it in far better condition and just sold a babied 2007 with 25K miles for not much more in absolutely mint condition - perfect weather and paint.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
a steal of a deal. the lowering and exhaust mods alone are worth $7800 .plus installation for those who cound'nt do it themselves. The open history on this car is better than carfax,the issues with the car have been video documented by the last 2 owners and fixed.clutch, brakes all done, still looks good,"driven" not "beat up" .

Old 02-18-2018, 10:39 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Morries has my 2009 for sale - updated wheels and tires, new clutch, some custom work (clear tail lights and diamond pattern seats), asking $44K probably looking at more like $40K or under, so the custom stuff while nice in a real world sales price is not recoverable. Zero leather and paint issues, well maintained by AM dealers since 2009. So $36K for a weathered 2007 Vantage is not impressive at least to me.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:03 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
we own these cars ..we love these cars, we should'nt de-value them.
if you beat down the value on freddy's old car it bring all ours down in value too...

Old 02-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
+1 on not devaluing our own cars. I never get why just about every car community does this. We b!tch when people low-ball us, but then we call out cars that are priced high. The market value is set not only by what buyers are willing to pay, but also by what owners are willing to sell for.

With that said, I hope this guy isn't as annoying as Tavarish was. I literally had youtube stop showing me his videos because I couldn't stand him. Hope I won't have to do the same with this guy.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:34 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I agree with @cadman as well. Why owners try to argue for lower values on their own cars makes no sense to me at all.

Pricing is regional, luckily out here in Washington we have Park Place continually asking high prices (an $700,000 993!) so I think we're inflated compared to other parts of the country.

Having said that, we know this car has seen the full force of at least one east coast winter, an oil change done incorrectly, a starter that is on it's way out and has a poorly executed aftermarket suspension. With the sensitivity that exotic cars have to any aftermarket modifications, let alone the history that we know of here, we are probably looking at a deservedly appropriate low purchase price.

Last edited by blue2000s; 02-19-2018 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:10 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cadman
we own these cars ..we love these cars, we should'nt de-value them.
if you beat down the value on freddy's old car it bring all ours down in value too...
we are on a forum with other Aston owners... nothing wrong with assessing thoughts on real world values.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Prospects come here for thoughts all the time. And our thoughts are, almost unfailingly, "the price on that one is too high." lol

Old 02-19-2018, 09:33 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
you can buy a ****ter or a pristine example.

a 69 Camaro daily driver is worth 100grand less than a prime example idk why people looking at Aston and maserati don't get this.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:59 AM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb My thoughts after watching the video...

I was somewhat surprised that the car was resold at same price owner had paid for it.

Possible reasons include:

1. recent work that had been done to improve value
2. buyer valued this car higher to assist with his YouTube channel hits
3. the car doesn't have much depreciation left in it's cycle

Then after seeing the interior condition, it made me happy that I paid far less for my 2007 Vantage that is cosmetically in better condition.
With my car I'm at the point where those that ask how much I paid for mine, I should be adding $10k to the actual number. Rather than devalue it, what I do is answer that question with a $20k range of what it would cost to replace it which another used one. This can easily be verified online instantly with a smart phone. That way I play the fence on value, encouraging others that Aston ownership is not just a dream, but in reality that the purchase price is not the total cost of ownership.

Seems like a win/win situation for this transaction - the seller minimized loss and obviously the buyer is very happy with his purchase thus far.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:25 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Price and value are not the same. Many factors impact selling price, but that is not the arbiter worth. Blockage, perception, knowledge, the seller's mood, buyers negotiating skill, etc. It can be like the stupid tax (lottery) inverted or reversed.

Last edited by oo7; 02-19-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:09 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
oh yay another annoying youtuber trying to get subs by purchasing that beat up thing

I wouldn't touch that thing after seeing doug drive it across the bonnevile salt flats and then tavarish trying to fix it... YIKES

Old 02-19-2018, 08:48 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'll be the first one to admit I paid too much for mine, but I wanted the car and that was the deal. Of course I have alot more than that in it now, and counting......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wow this Vantage gets around